463.23750mHz Radio Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjimmy86

Can anyone in the GTA tell me what exactly this frequency is [463.23750mHz]? I've been listening for the last hour and it sounds like some kind of transportation company but I can't exactly nail down who it is or where it is transmitting from so I can name the channel in my scanner. I've tried searching on Spectrum Management but couldn't quite find a result.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
What pl tone are you getting of the frequency ctcss or dpl? It's coming back to multiple companies if it's what I think it is it could be A Black Cab who does taxi services in Mississauga and Brampton mainly.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

iamjimmy86

When I did a PL tone search it was stopping on 82.5 but when I entered that the squelch wouldn't open. It's possible it might be AAA but the street names I've been hearing make it sound like it's in Rochester which it peculiar because I've never picked up U.S. radio traffic by my QTH which is near the lake.

iamjimmy86

I should also note that I've been picking up some cross-traffic on that frequency, it'll be the transportation company then it'll cut over to almost a medical channel or a pair of individuals joking around. It's quite peculiar activity.

ecps92

If it's in Rochester, it's a TRS which explains why your PL did not decode
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Me...ortstring=,+lic_name,+file_num&limit_select=4
When I did a PL tone search it was stopping on 82.5 but when I entered that the squelch wouldn't open. It's possible it might be AAA but the street names I've been hearing make it sound like it's in Rochester which it peculiar because I've never picked up U.S. radio traffic by my QTH which is near the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.