P25 ENC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Good day

I have only one question and don't want to stir any pots that being said I heard of the trainer plane belly landing at the Muskoka airport today so I had the wife take me out to take a look. I was also interested in Beaver Creek Institution being ENC. now it use to be P25 in the clear. On my BCD996P2 their channels were active and not in the clear but what struck me I was at the South end of the airport sitting in the parking lot you can see the Beaver Creek Institution all channels full scale no ENC. came up on the scanner sitting on my lap? From reading the manual as with my old scanner it should show ENC. anyone have a thought on this?

Thank you

SCPD

QRT
Hi Forts

As you know these are stand alone channels yes the scanner didn't show them as ENC. but the audio didn't seem to have that distinctive encryption signal. It seem to be another format of audio similar to P25 but the ENC. part seems odd in nature I had no recording devices and can't pick up the signals from my home location. I will see if my wife will drive back out this week so I can get a copy of the audio as she works long hours. Doctors wont let me drive anymore my one passion in life. When I get the audio captured I will post it in the mean time I will search on how to post it from the archives.
I use to spend a lot of time at the airport just watching the planes and had a scanner mounted in the vehicle Beaver Creek although boring in nature was in the clear P25.

Yes the system is encrypted and has been for about a year now.

gary123

sounds like the scanner wasnt muting the encrypted transmissions, when that happens the audio sounds p25 ish but makes no sense to the listener. My guess is that when the ENC is displayed then the audio is muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.