Stratford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Just listening to Stratford Fire and was wondering what they use for their "Call Back" system for the off duty firefighters.

Aurora

I don't have the answer but can offer up the info that Central York Fire switched from analog pagers to an automated SMS text callback system a while ago. All firefighters gave their personal cell numbers so they wouldn't have to carry a pager. They rarely do call backs these days opting for mutual aid instead.

gary123

They use the Perth county pager system then fill in with phone calls.

Muxlow

Super Secret
So they rely ONLY on cell phone coverage? What happens if your in a dead cell area? Youd miss a call.. but your pager maybe in RX range..

I had a text/email system going for my fire dept and told everyone this is NOT a replacement to your pagers.. Its just a backup/ when your out of pager range kinda thing. Most guys ditched their pagers.. and started missing calls due to cell reception in our area. Dorks :D

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
They use the Perth county pager system then fill in with phone calls.

I didn't hear them do a page out on the Perth County Fire freq that I hear all of the other depts paged out on?????

gary123

My contact says Stratford halls are manned 24-7. It is very rare that they need additional personel.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
My contact says Stratford halls are manned 24-7. It is very rare that they need additional personal.

Your contacts are partially right, the halls are manned 24-7, They had a house fire on Friday or Saturday night and requested additional manpower. I never heard a page over the Perth County pager system. Also nothing over their own freq. Woodstock Fire Dept, who I used to listen to has a call back system. They used to have plectrons in their houses for the call back. I was just curious as to what Stratford uses thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.