New talkgroups on Ottawa EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I don't see these listed in the database so I thought I'd throw them out here for you. They're in AFS format from my download, however when I see them on the radio itself they're in DEC format. First question how do I change them over in the programming? Just put in the talkgroup # and that's it?

Anyhow, here's what I have, pretty sure the first two were OPS the 3rd one definitely is. One last thing, they're all in digital format.

00-037
02-123
02-114 - 343 (Dec.)

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1750

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
That's what I'm saying, while I'm scanning, the talkgroups show up on the radio in the DEC format. I want that format as well in the programming though when I download it from the radio to edit, but it doesn't it shows up as AFS format.

Press Menu /enter
Display Options /enter
Scroll to Set ID Format (EDCS) choose AFS

mciupa

Okay with the scanner, just replace AFS with DEC in my instructions.

In BCD x36HP Sentinel: Preset: open up the software

Click on View, you'll see EDACS TGID Format, choose the one you want.

eastofottawa

I have a question. I have a BCD436HP and have the Ottawa EDACS system programmed in. My understanding is if I set the scanner to ID SEARCH (instead of ID SCAN) it will find all the talkgroups including those that aren't programmed in.. Is this correct?

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I have a question. I have a BCD436HP and have the Ottawa EDACS system programmed in. My understanding is if I set the scanner to ID SEARCH (instead of ID SCAN) it will find all the talkgroups including those that aren't programmed in.. Is this correct?
Yes that is correct. Program everything in you want. Lock out those you don't want. And put it on ID search to look for new talkgroups.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I misidentified it as Talkgroup 343, it's actually 348.

I don't see talkgroup 348 listed in the database. I do however see talkgroup 1348 in there as OFS D1-4 D1 Central 4 is that what you were thinking of?

I checked my list and show 02-114 as OPF Airport

Another new one I have is 02-107

as well as a few i-call channels too:
i9317
i4226
i4125
i4157 which I think may be OFD.

DaveH

OFS dispatchers sometimes use I-calls to talk to the stations, typically LIDs in the 98xx (dec) range.

Bylaw and Parking Control also use I-calls and they are still on EDACS.

Dave

DaveH

I-Calls are not group calls, and don't use TGs. LIDs (Logical IDs) are just radio IDs. You can hear them referred to in some radio tests (not the 7:00 am ones usually) as a way to identify specific radios, some of which seem to get moved around at times.

My trusty old PRO-92 (circa 2000) is still good for OFS, but doesn't do I-calls. I see them occasionally on my (nearly as old) BC780.

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Got ya, thanks.

I-Calls are not group calls, and don't use TGs. LIDs (Logical IDs) are just radio IDs. You can hear them referred to in some radio tests (not the 7:00 am ones usually) as a way to identify specific radios, some of which seem to get moved around at times.

My trusty old PRO-92 (circa 2000) is still good for OFS, but doesn't do I-calls. I see them occasionally on my (nearly as old) BC780.

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
So how do I tell what talkgroup DEC #s these are?

00-037 - Talkgroup 31
02-123
02-107
02-123
02-107

I've since changed all my other talkgroups over to DEC format in my programming, but I have a hunch though that next time I find more talkgroups that when I download them from the radio they're gonna show up as HEX format instead. In the radio programming though I do have it set so it shows up as DEC which on the radio it does just once downloaded it's in HEX format instead.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber

DaveH

OFS dispatchers sometimes use I-calls to talk to the stations, typically LIDs in the 98xx (dec) range.

Bylaw and Parking Control also use I-calls and they are still on EDACS.

Dave

I heard an I-call i4xxx (4248 I think) which was definitely parking control from the subject of discussion.

Dave

DaveH

Yesterday I heard a patch between Airport Fire and EMS using patch TG 2007. I missed the patched groups but think it might be 1380 and 0068, plus 729, but not certain.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.