Where did Belleville Police services go ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3opc

I have noticed ever since Stirling Rawden moved to the OPP that Belleville is no longer transmitting their ENC signal on 142.03500...I did hear rumours to the effect that they may also move over to OPP. I also noted that their vehicles are now sporting what appears to be OPP Antenna gear ...Is it possible in the interim that they have moved to Fleetnet on some as yet in published talk group ?...Must confess I have not as yet check but will....perhaps I am being over optimistic but am hoping if they have moved they will drop the |ENC.

gary123

When the OPP take over a town for Police Services they usually just expand the local zone cards to cover the area.

for example (completely made up) 11 india 2xx used to patrol the area around but not in Smallville. When OPP took over Smallville you will start to hear calls to addresses in small vile using the 11india 2xx ids.

I would check the OPP regular TGs for that area and see if you are hearing calls in Belleville rather just around it.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to figure out how to listen to Belleville police or stirling rawdon? Belleville hasn't gone to OPP Stirling Rawdon has.

Listen for road names in that area. Google maps is a wonderful thing when trying to figure out zone Id's for a system like the OPP.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

ve3opc

No not trying to listen to Stirling Rawden my friend as I know they are now apart of center Hastings OPP...what I am saying is The Belleville PD ENC frequency (142.0350 ) seems to no longer be in service and heard they may have or will be OPP and if so am hoping non ENC.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
No not trying to listen to Stirling Rawden my friend as I know they are now apart of center Hastings OPP...what I am saying is The Belleville PD ENC frequency (142.0350 ) seems to no longer be in service and heard they may have or will be OPP and if so am hoping non ENC.
If they had plans on going to the OPP service then it would have been in the news somewhere. Which it hasn't. So I doubt very likely that's the case. They may have simply switched frequencies. I'd just search around the band to see if you can hear them. Unless someone else can chime in as to where they have went. That's about all a person can do. Tedious yes. But it's all ya got to work with. I did a search on Google and came up on nothing as far as communications is concerned with Belleville policing.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

gary123

if you know where their tower is try sitting near it and see if anything pops up on CC or a SDR if you have one.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Their north tower has been shut down. They should only be transmitting via the tower on the police services building.

Someone had told me, a while back, that Ch.1 was being used as north (north tower) and Ch. 2 was used as South (Services building). Maybe they are using only Ch.2 now.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.