Canadian Tire Centre - Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Anybody got any updated frequencies for this place for events such as the hockey games etc..? Parking, security, concessions, folks working in the background etc? I'm guessing low power and DMR.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

DaveH

In IC database it's under Senators sports and entertainment, look at callsign CGW307. Five UHF
pairs listed, says analog but appears out of date. Too much activity on those freq's for me
to hear from my location; most likely DMR.

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Ok I'll take a look at it. I should've taken my radio with me Friday night when I was there but left it in my vehicle instead.

I'd Imagine you should pick stuff up while inside at a game. I know the broadcasts would be one thing. People have radios all over a place like that so...

Just wanted a heads up for the next time I go if anyone has anything to add to this thread.

DaveH

Definitely a low power system, I recall when it was LTR, not hearing anything more than a km or so away. IC shows <4W ERP for 25W TX power, sounds like a leaky coax or indoor antenna setup.

Dave

OttawaBob

Premium Subscriber
CTC Radios

The CTC radios are low power radios and transmissions are limited to about to 1km only.

There are a number of different channels in use, including parking, emergency services, guest services, food services, merchandise, IT etc.

Scanning can be tricky because a lot of the channels are fairly quiet during game time, with the busiest being Guest Services, Merchandise and Food and Beverage services.

IMHO, the traffic is not that riveting...

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
The CTC radios are low power radios and transmissions are limited to about to 1km only.

There are a number of different channels in use, including parking, emergency services, guest services, food services, merchandise, IT etc.

Scanning can be tricky because a lot of the channels are fairly quiet during game time, with the busiest being Guest Services, Merchandise and Food and Beverage services.

IMHO, the traffic is not that riveting...
May not be riveting no. But as a hobbiest as I've mentioned in previous posts. Scanning is not always about listening to the cops. It's about identifying radio systems and users and there functions that propell us to listen and continue our hobby.

Quite frankly I don't mind taking my radio to places like these to search these users out. Not to mention also being able to listen to a broadcast while the game is played.

DaveH

The other reason you'd have to be close to this system is, the frequencies used are common low-power
site repeater pairs, which have other users. That is likely to interfere with or confuse attempts to figure out the system and its users. I'm guessing it's probably DMR, Capacity +, so anyone close by should look for the "rest" channel on one of the frequencies; a short burst every two seconds. DSD+ will identify it as such.

Dave

OttawaBob

Premium Subscriber
My Apologies if I offended you/your scanner listening. That was not my intent.

As someone who started "scanning" on a Realistic Patrolman SW60 multiband radio a "few" years back by twisting the tuning knob back and forth, I understand and appreciate the interest in the hobby. I did not mean to diminish your interest in my response that comms on CTC are not riveting. As a user of this system, I hear everything that goes on and perhaps I am a bit "tainted".

In addition, you will find difficulty in locating our production crews etc during the game. Good luck and enjoy your listening. (If you do come to a game, please look me up...)

Status
Not open for further replies.