BETA Testers for SAR Niagara (Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SARNiagara

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Search and Rescue Niagara is looking for any BETA testers who may want to join in and testing out brand new DMR system. This system is about two weeks old, We've tested and programmed all of our Radios. If there's any local Amateur radio personnel, we would really like to hear you on the frequency as a test.

If you are interested in joining on board and getting involved with testing our frequencies, can you please PM this account here on the Radio Reference forums? From there, we will collect your information and verify it. After we verify your information, we will then send you the information to get on our frequency. Before getting to far ahead of ourselves, there is some radio etiquette that you are expected to use while on our frequency. If not, we will just disable your radio. Below we have attached that information for you to look over and reference while making a contact on the system.

WHEN PUTTING OUT A CALL
When you put out a call for the first time, there will be a certain way that you have to do it. You will be able to use your call sign until SAR Niagara issues out four digit call codes for anyone out there. Below is an example of previous test calls in which were successful.

"(Your Amateur Radio Call-Sign) calling for dispatch"
"This is search and rescue dispatch, go ahead, (Your Amateur Radio Call-Sign)"
"I (Your Name Here) have been approved for the BETA testing, how do you read?"
"We read you (Level 1-5, 1 Being The Worst Single)"

From there if the dispatcher has time they will ask if you want to have a conversation with him/her as to further the testing. You will be able to continue to answer with 10 codes and color codes as that is what we use most of the time. Below are the codes that you will hear fairly frequently on the frequency. Also, when not in an emergency each member has a 2-way radio where they can tune in to get traffic information and hear information dispatched about car accidents, fires and all of that stuff as well. The reason you will hear this is because we use the frequency as a source of communication through out every day. Also all of our BETA testers will be able to put out their call signs at any time and ask for information for the Niagara Region, we will share anything and everything we can with you. We have a lot of great sources.

RADIO CODES WE USE
CODE ADAM - Missing Child
CODE EVE - Missing Parents
CODE BLUE w/ LOCATION & URGENCY NUMBER - Code Blue at Specified Location with urgency number
CODE ORANGE w/ LOCATION - Fire at Specified Location
LEVEL 1-5 - Urgency of The Call. Level One Being Not Urgent.
10-0 - Be Cautious
10-3 - Stop Transmitting
10-4 - Copy / Understand / Okay
10-6 - Standby Unless Urgent
10-20 or 20 Location
10-21 - Private Call via PHONE
10-22 - Disregard
10-84 - Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA)
10-97 - Radio Check
Code Black - Manager or Supervisor To My Location
Code White - Intoxicated Person or just intoxicated

Lastly, just a friendly reminder that the information you will be given as a BETA tester is to be kept private. Should anything get leaked, we will retract our invitations to HAM operators and change the talk group numbers on the repeater. We would like to thank everyone in advanced and we are looking forward to having you all on board. Until then 73 for now.

SARNiagara

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Change of plans, because we don't know how to use the Private Messaging feature here on the radio reference forums, just drop your email addresses and we will send you an email to discuss this further. Sorry about the confusion.

mciupa

With only two posts, private messaging is not an option yet. I see that your e-mail contact info is usable so potential testers may contact you that way.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you're still looking for testers, I would be interested in assisting. I have sent off an email.

Why email? Since your IP address and SARNiagara's IP address are one and the same, I would think you could communicate with yourself much easier than email.

Looks like this isn't your first kick at the SAR business:

https://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/355752-niagara-regional-search-rescue.html#post2787927

https://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/356376-niagara-falls-transit.html#post2793902

And in case anybody has forgotten:

https://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/355991-welland-transit-dmr.html

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
For now, I'm going to lock this thread until we can get to the bottom of things.

Fake edit: it's confirmed. The real Search and Rescue Niagara has confirmed that this has nothing to do with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.