fleet connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

I900D658

gents i have been monitoring some off fleet connect here in Ontario {not fleetnet} and have heard a couple of talk groups that can seem to identify. they are 21398 & 20062 i have looked thru all the departments and don't see those in any of them, i am in Lambton county 20062 when they were talking sounded like they were around london anyone know

Last edited:

gary123

The best thing to do is listen for addresses and also try and get a general idea on what they are talking about.

Hunting down users is a challenge but worth it when you ID them.

gary123

I think fleet connect lets you have radios only on one site. They charge extra for multi site roaming.

gary123

LOL thats the problem with names that sound the same.

Anyway I have confirmed that fleet connect can have users that are on one site only or on a group of towers or on the full system. Each level of coverage has a different billing structure.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Depends what you want. If your a farmer and operate in essex/chatham-kent then you have no need to have sarnia, london and so on and on sites in your radio possibly chewing up the frequencies if you ventured down that way. The radio will just say site not allowed on the screen and give a mean sounding beep.

The system requires your ESN of the radio, model number and they assign a radio ID and talkgroup. If you try and clone your radio ID to another radio it simply wont work due to the ESN lock. Security feature to prevent people from hijacking the repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.