OnQue Ottawa area

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Might be jumping the gun here on those that may not have gotten the NXDN upgrade. But more so for those that listen with an SDR.

How busy is this system compared to the PushPlus network?

I remember trying to figure the system out with my SDR last year. But I haven't done so in a while and remember not hearing anything at all from the Renfrew tower.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

DaveH

Not as busy as the two large UHF DMR networks (201 and 202), except as I mentioned around school bus time. Try Camp Fortune Site 22, you should hear it from the west. CC alternates between 452.1625 and 452.7375. It has 3 VCs, which is rarely maxed out (sign of not very heavy loading).

There's another NXDN 9.6k system with CC on 165.540 in Gatineau, you might hear. Not much exciting on that one, again lots of school busses, largely French comms.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8811

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I actually heard something today on the Renfrew site. First time since getting the upgrade. But was short comms though just a mention of Limebank Rd likely due to the weather and lines down etc.

Was talk group 309

-----------------------
Uniden 436HP/VHF/UHF NMO Ground Plane Base Antenna
Anytone 6666/Sirio Tornado 27 Antenna
President Grant II/K40 Magnet Antenna
TRC-465 - Spare

DaveH

I actually heard something today on the Renfrew site. First time since getting the upgrade. But was short comms though just a mention of Limebank Rd likely due to the weather and lines down etc.

Was talk group 309

If it's the same Limebank Rd. in the south of Ottawa near the airport, lots of poles and wires down due to ice. Although, if I recall, that road had, not too long ago, one of the worst surface quality of all roads in the region, so maybe to do with that...

Why this turns up on Renfrew site, not sure, maybe user has operations in that area also, or a user lives in the 'Frew area and had radio turned on at the time.

Dave

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
If it's the same Limebank Rd. in the south of Ottawa near the airport, lots of poles and wires down due to ice. Although, if I recall, that road had, not too long ago, one of the worst surface quality of all roads in the region, so maybe to do with that...

Why this turns up on Renfrew site, not sure, maybe user has operations in that area also, or a user lives in the 'Frew area and had radio turned on at the time.

Dave
Yeah I don't know. It really did just catch me off guard cause it was the first voice comms I had heard on the system since the NXDN upgrade.

-----------------------
Uniden 436HP/VHF/UHF NMO Ground Plane Base Antenna
Anytone 6666/Sirio Tornado 27 Antenna
President Grant II/K40 Magnet Antenna
TRC-465 - Spare

DaveH

So apparently that TG and some others are K-Line Group (in the DB). I was wondering where they operated, saw them doing line replacement on Carling Ave. between Moodie Drive and CRC last year. Looked like their trucks had base-loaded VHF antennas though.

Dave

Aurora

saw them doing line replacement on Carling Ave. between Moodie Drive and CRC last year......

Dave

Recent addition to OnQue.

Have been heard to say, "I forgot these new radios went that far."

Status
Not open for further replies.