Fleetnet Settings For 396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hullo.

I recently was given a 396T from a friend. I used to own one at one time but its been almost 8 years since I used it. For those who love baseball, the day I sold it was when Roy Halliday threw a no hitter in the playoffs for the Phillies. But back to my question.

For Fleetnet, What are the proper settings? I am often hearing the annoying digital crunching sound at the beginning of transmissions from the digital users on the system.

STATUS Bit-Yes or Ignore?
SET END CODE-Yes or Ignore?
Digital End Code-Yes or Ignore?

Its amazing to see and hear how far we have come with scanners. I first got a 396T back in 2007. And it was state of the art. I have owned a 396XT, a PSR800, GRE500, and Home Patrols. I can't remember how to set up the above questions.

I appreciate any response.

Thank you.

Eric

wtp

i also sent a personal message

STATUS Bit-YES
SET END CODE-Yes
Digital End Code-Yes

and they are set the right way as default.

gary123

I would use the stuts bit ignore that way the scanner isnt trying to decode numerous TGs for one user.

I use a 396 for CC its small and easy to keep in a pocket.

gary123

here are my settings from ARC396

system type = motorola type2 VHF
Channel delay = 1 sec
system hold time = 1 sec
APCO25 threshold = manual 8

trunk system parameters
scan mode = Id scan mode
icall = on
mode = FM
end code = yes
digital end code = yes
status bit = no
control only = no
141.015/15.0/380
151.730/15.0/579
154.320/15.0/632

Trunk freq are for the local tower I want to scan. the same for TGs. The TG values are the ones from the bellfleetnet wiki page (no editing is required).

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hullo.

For Fleetnet, What are the proper settings? I am often hearing the annoying digital crunching sound at the beginning of transmissions from the digital users on the system.

From what I recall the 'T' was bad for motorboating at the start of some transmissions. This was improved a fair bit when the 'XT' came out, along with better volume balance across analog and digital channels.

Always liked the T/XT series.... very nice little units.

gary123

Battery life could also be better but for a small compact scanner its great.

If I had a wish list I would love to have a choice of changing it from P25 to DMR or NXDN format. I know the scanner would only be able to support the one mode but it would breath new life into some of the older hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.