For Hamilton area peoples

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
We are moving to the Hammer next week. 18th floor of a high rise facing Hwy 6 North where it meets up with Hwy 5, Westdale and Dundas and a bit of the lake. We are back downtown. We used to live at Hunter and Bay, we will be living not too far from there now.

I brought my 396T with me a week ago when we went to the new place. I used a Larsen RD antenna that was designed for VHF Hi and in addition to Charlton I was able to hear Fonthill and Woodlawn albeit weak signal. Brantford was pretty powerful.

When we are settled in I will either mount my Mag Mount Larsens, one for 800/900 & One for Fleetnet and some conventional stuff. I'll either attach them to a metal trunk, a cookie sheet hanging on our curtains or be real daring and mount them on our balcony. Obviously the best is having the antenna outside on the balcony.

So I'm wondering if there are any Hamiltonians in the lower city high enough up who could give me an idea of what towers I'd be able to monitor. Mowat maybe? Woodlawn and Fonthill clear enough to decode, Brantford and Cayuga. And I hope maybe to snag Simcoe and maybe Woodstock. I have had luck with B-Fad and King City while mobile in Burlington but Woodstock would be great also, giving me coverage of London Comm, London EMS CACC, Middlesex, Elgin, etc OPP.

I'm one of the rare people who is excited to be back in the Hammer. We'd prefer to live in Toronto but man, the rent these days in the '6 is sick. We are downsizing from a large place here in Aldershot, been here 10 years.

MBStone. U live here? Downtown? Maybe you or Graeme can let me know of the best pizza and chinese food joints. :)

eRiC

mbstone99

We are moving to the Hammer next week. 18th floor of a high rise facing Hwy 6 North where it meets up with Hwy 5, Westdale and Dundas and a bit of the lake. We are back downtown. We used to live at Hunter and Bay, we will be living not too far from there now.

I brought my 396T with me a week ago when we went to the new place. I used a Larsen RD antenna that was designed for VHF Hi and in addition to Charlton I was able to hear Fonthill and Woodlawn albeit weak signal. Brantford was pretty powerful.

When we are settled in I will either mount my Mag Mount Larsens, one for 800/900 & One for Fleetnet and some conventional stuff. I'll either attach them to a metal trunk, a cookie sheet hanging on our curtains or be real daring and mount them on our balcony. Obviously the best is having the antenna outside on the balcony.

So I'm wondering if there are any Hamiltonians in the lower city high enough up who could give me an idea of what towers I'd be able to monitor. Mowat maybe? Woodlawn and Fonthill clear enough to decode, Brantford and Cayuga. And I hope maybe to snag Simcoe and maybe Woodstock. I have had luck with B-Fad and King City while mobile in Burlington but Woodstock would be great also, giving me coverage of London Comm, London EMS CACC, Middlesex, Elgin, etc OPP.

I'm one of the rare people who is excited to be back in the Hammer. We'd prefer to live in Toronto but man, the rent these days in the '6 is sick. We are downsizing from a large place here in Aldershot, been here 10 years.

MBStone. U live here? Downtown? Maybe you or Graeme can let me know of the best pizza and chinese food joints. :)

eRiC

I am up in a house in the North End now up near Bayfront Park but before that I was near Bay & Duke facing North. I was facing north towards a courtyard on the 14th floor but the only thing about that was I was facing another building directly on the other side of the courtyard so I didn't have much luck in getting good reception from outside the Hammer in that place.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.