996P2 and Fleetnet: Odd behaviour ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriorMike

So I have my refurb 996P2 set up in my house(stock antenna; yes, I know), and it's a bit of a beast in terms of sensitivity compared to my 996T(which is off for some servicing at Lectron).

Where I am I get a full 5 bars tracking the Kinburn tower. I also have the Mount St. Patrick site programmed in, and I get 3-4 bars, but for some reason the bars flash in and out, and the scanner can't(won't?) lock on to the control channel.

Ideas? I have it programmed in FreeScan as Mot Type 2 and the sites as Motorola VHF.

DaveH

Is this happening only for Mt. St. Patrick site. It uses same CC (142.650) as Winchester. This morning was some enhanced propagation. That might be it...

Suggest listening on the CC to hear what the CC sounds like.

Dave

PriorMike

So, I held on the control channel 142.650, the signal is there with 3 bars strength. No fading, no cutting in or out. Granted, it’s not quite as clear as the Kinburn CC...

Better antenna needed to clear things up, maybe...?

I would have tried turning off CC only, but the P2 doesn’t have that option.

VA3JPX

Have you tried adjusting the P25 Threshold Setting? (Hidden Menu Item). It's default setting is set to "Auto". With weaker signals, auto won't cut it.

I've set mine to #5 and it cleared up all of my reception/decoding issues for P25 Systems.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.