OPP on MTO talkgroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

Has anybody else noticed that the OPP are also using MTO enforcement talkgroups? For example 3904.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
They are commonly patched together due to the fact MTO officers need to talk to OPP sometimes. Furthermore, they don't have the own dispatcher(s) so OPP dispatchers also communicate with MTO officers.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Mike445

They are commonly patched together due to the fact MTO officers need to talk to OPP sometimes. Furthermore, they don't have the own dispatcher(s) so OPP dispatchers also communicate with MTO officers.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Thank you! I figured it was something like that. This is the first I’ve heard of it because I usually only import the OPP talk groups. I guess I’ve been missing quite a bit. I was playing around with the full database on my new BCD436HP and that’s how I started hearing the MTO/OPP patch. Have a great night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muxlow

Super Secret
MTO have been patched with OPP for over a year now.. Least in my area. Same with the MNR guys. MNR callsigns are Romeo (R for resource). MTO are Tango (T for Transportation)

CanWoodsman

MTO have been patched with OPP for over a year now.. Least in my area. Same with the MNR guys. MNR callsigns are Romeo (R for resource). MTO are Tango (T for Transportation)
Not quite that simple throughout the province.
Tango call signs are used for OPP in Wellington County.
Romeo call signs are used for OPP in Bruce County.
The talkgroup or alpha tag should help determining who your hearing.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Wellington County is 6 Tango, Bruce is 6 Romeo (the 6 indicating West Region) while MTO/MNR are just Tango and Romeo.
Not quite that simple throughout the province.
Tango call signs are used for OPP in Wellington County.
Romeo call signs are used for OPP in Bruce County.
The talkgroup or alpha tag should help determining who your hearing.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

CanWoodsman

Wellington County is 6 Tango, Bruce is 6 Romeo (the 6 indicating West Region) while MTO/MNR are just Tango and Romeo.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Not all the time do you hear 6 Tango or 6 Romeo used.
Quite often it will be dispatched as Tango 101 ect.
The reason I stated checking the talk group or alpha tag.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Not all the time do you hear 6 Tango or 6 Romeo used.
Quite often it will be dispatched as Tango 101 ect.
The reason I stated checking the talk group or alpha tag.

I disagree. The London and Orillia dispatchers will always use the 5 or 1 or 6 before the Soft id of the unit. The individual cars might not be so anal thou. MTOE units dispatched by Orillia have their first numeral 2, London dispatch MTOE units start with a 3.

Its one of those things that if you listen enough you pick it up. Does the original poster of this thread have a scanner with radio ID listed or an older one? MTOE for the most part have radios in around the upper 3000's low 4000's like 3927, 4003, 3811, ETC.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Have heard very little on the OPP 5C talkgroup here, instead they talk on MTO BURL a lot, And on another topic it seems EMS never uses the hospitals own talkgroups for patches but instead EMS Tac 4 (at least in Hamilton)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
And on another topic it seems EMS never uses the hospitals own talkgroups for patches but instead EMS Tac 4 (at least in Hamilton)

The ambulances don't have the hospital talkgroups in their radios. They rely on the CACC or ACS to patch together the hospital talkgroup with a tac channel.

VA3QRM

M.N.R. dispatch identifies as "Sault Ste. Marie"; the location of the dispatch centre, just to further clarify or confuse.

CanWoodsman

I disagree. The London and Orillia dispatchers will always use the 5 or 1 or 6 before the Soft id of the unit. The individual cars might not be so anal thou. MTOE units dispatched by Orillia have their first numeral 2, London dispatch MTOE units start with a 3.

Its one of those things that if you listen enough you pick it up. Does the original poster of this thread have a scanner with radio ID listed or an older one? MTOE for the most part have radios in around the upper 3000's low 4000's like 3927, 4003, 3811, ETC.

I have to disagree with you.
I listen to Huron and Perth OPP talkgroups all the time & seldom hear the 6 used by London dispatch.
To say dispatch always uses the 6 is far from true. General the alpha tag is a great way to identify who is being called.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I think Mike445 gets the idea now

Id say 80% of the time London Comm will use the 6 when calling units. When having a few transmissions in a row with the same unit they drop the 6, but use it again when calling a new unit or after a little time gap between the original unit.

Its all due to recording of the radio traffic. That 1% chance something happens and the "tapes" get played back and London didnt use "6" to call a unit im sure someone someplace would make a issue of that

As for the Tango/Romeo units i hear them calling in as Tango 3506 or Romeo 508 so on and on. I hear both MTO and MNR on the OPP talkgroups, and otherway around. OPP on the MNR/MTO groups due to them patched.

Mike445

I think Mike445 gets the idea now

Id say 80% of the time London Comm will use the 6 when calling units. When having a few transmissions in a row with the same unit they drop the 6, but use it again when calling a new unit or after a little time gap between the original unit.

Its all due to recording of the radio traffic. That 1% chance something happens and the "tapes" get played back and London didnt use "6" to call a unit im sure someone someplace would make a issue of that

As for the Tango/Romeo units i hear them calling in as Tango 3506 or Romeo 508 so on and on. I hear both MTO and MNR on the OPP talkgroups, and otherway around. OPP on the MNR/MTO groups due to them patched.

YES. Thank you I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.