Haliburton County area

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Found some interesting things while in the region recently.

Here's my findings. Please update where and if possible.

Algonquin Highlands - DMR Conventional Networked
001 (1) Stanhope153.425 (CC 5)

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=10070

141.135 DMR CC15 - is listed here https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=4294 as a conventional channel, but I believe it to be a conventional networked system instead. I do have one talkgroup logged - 45000 - looks like possibly a public works department.

TAFL Search Results

I have updated some things for Highlands East fire and Minden Hills 154.310 has a pl of 141.3

149.305 has a PL of 173.8 not sure if fire or public works, database here says it's shared for Dysart et Al

169.545 - TAFL Search Results - DMR Conventional Networked - Talkgroup 200 logged. Looks like it could be Peterborough CountyKawartha Lakes stuff though. I'm not sure. Sorry, I didn't get the CC of this one.

163.515 - TAFL Search Results - Couldn't find anything nearby maybe someone else might be able to hear this one out. - DMR Networked Conventional. Talkgroup 45 logged. CC7.

166 470 - NXDN48 - RAN 1 - Networked Conventional - No LCN Found. Nothing found in TAFL on this one. Talkgroup 1 logged.

162.375 - PL 162.2. Also has Voice Inversion or something like it on there. TAFL Search Results - Hyland Transportation - Haliburton

164.445 - I have listed as P25 but could likely be DMR. Nothing else on this one.

163.530 - TAFL Search Results

164.940 - PL 186.2 Looks like it could be Public Works in the Wilberforce area. http://tafl.mckie.ca/?query=VFU867&prov=ON

164.595 - TAFL Search Results - Nothing found.

Last edited:

mciupa

I only create Conventional Networked systems when there are multiple talkgroups associated with a conventional frequency. With Haliburton County Public Works, I'm going to leave it as is unless more talkgroups or users appear.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Typo. Should be good now.
That's what I thought. Thanks.

I just also want to point out. That it's easier to follow this system if programmed as a 1 frequency system as apposed to a conventional.

I can't even program the talkgroups in if it's conventional only as 1 frequency system.

I do remember you saying though Mike that you couldn't enter it into the database as such and that's why they're listed as conventional instead.

mciupa

That's what I thought. Thanks.

I just also want to point out. That it's easier to follow this system if programmed as a 1 frequency system as apposed to a conventional.

I can't even program the talkgroups in if it's conventional only as 1 frequency system.

I do remember you saying though Mike that you couldn't enter it into the database as such and that's why they're listed as conventional instead.

They can only be (1 frequency system) Conventional Networked if there are multiple sites that are linked.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
They can only be (1 frequency system) Conventional Networked if there are multiple sites that are linked.
So there has to be another site then to be considered networked. Hmmm ok. In that case there must be another frequency kicking around then that goes with the system then. Sorry at this point I'm unable to help much more doubtful I'll be back in the area anytime soon as I was there for a short period for work.

And sorry to hijack this part on this thread on an unrelated area but on the same topic of 1 frequency conventional networked systems. But I have Madawaska Valley Twp (Renfrew County) as a 1 frequency conventional networked system. However I am unable to find any other frequencies that would be associated with it. Although that's how I have it setup and not as conventional.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
So there has to be another site then to be considered networked. Hmmm ok. In that case there must be another frequency kicking around then that goes with the system then.

Might have found it for you.

153.425/159.000 is on a 30m tower at the Stanhope Fire Hall.
154.755/159.210 is on a 180m tower at Dwight.
165.015/167.235 is on a 30m tower at Dorset.

Heard all three beaconing away last night while in the Haliburton area.

Didn't hear any traffic so can't confirm that they are linked but all three are licenced to the "TOWNSHIP OF ALGONQUIN HIGHLANDS ROADS DEPARTMENT"

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
153.425/159.000 is on a 30m tower at the Stanhope Fire Hall.
154.755/159.210 is on a 180m tower at Dwight.

Confirmed that 153.425 and 154.755 are carrying the same traffic. I've deleted the conventional entries and put in a trunking system. Couldn't hear the third repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.