Will this scanner work for DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I should work, however, keep in mind that the Anytone is NOT a scanner. It's a cheap Chinese two way. I've not had good luck with Anytone.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
I own this radio for amateur and other DMR two-way use. It works quite well. As pointed out by someone else, it is not a scanner. It can be programmed to scan but it is an exercise in frustration to do so. It should work for your needs as long as those channels do not get encrypted.

I have zero experience with DMR scanning and i was wondering if this scanner https://powerwerx.com/anytone-atd868uv-dmr-dual-band-handheld will work for DMR scanning i will be using it to scan the new tecumseth fire tac and dispatch channels {see attachment}. any help with this would be greatly appreciated. TIA

mciupa

Another fairly cheap option is to modify your BCT15X (I read your other post :) )

What you would do is to add a wire to the circuit board to a point marked DISC, (for Discriminator) from that wire a resistor would be soldered to it. The resistor would be soldered to an audio jack. You would run a mono audio cable from there to your computer. Install a DSD+ software program. With the frequency programmed into the 15X you could run that audio through DSD+ and listen through the audio from your computer.

If you have a Sayal Electronics within a reasonable drive you could pick up the parts needed for around $10-20.(That is a local reference for the original poster as I see that Americans are also participating in the thread)

You may have spare wire or audio cable lying around. The software is free.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 243
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.