Patches in Zone 1 Orillia OPP dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
On occasion when conditions are good I can hear and monitor the King City talkgroup from my apartment in Hamilton. The other nite I was monitoring and recording Mowat and I heard activity for whatever S. Georgian Bay 1 Kilo is patched with. Its been awhile but I am not up to date on the patches 1 Zone Orillia,

Dufferin 1 November is patched with 1 Lima I think but the rest of them I am not sure.

Im asking a lot here but Id appreciate it if anyone here can give me an accurate list of patches for this group.

Caledon 1 Sierra I think is patched with the MTOE, after that Im not sure.

TYIA

Eric

ATCTech

Eric, do you mean the current patches seen via the King City tower?

Bob

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Eric, do you mean the current patches seen via the King City tower?

Bob

Yes sir.

Btw: I'm in a simulated baseball game league with a few of the ATC guys at Pearson. They new of you when I mentioned your name.

E

ATCTech

Gee, you're pushy! (Hehe.... sorry Eric, it slipped my mind entirely.) Check your PMs for the data.

Cheers!

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Gee, you're pushy! (Hehe.... sorry Eric, it slipped my mind entirely.) Check your PMs for the data.

Cheers!

I know. I'm horrible. There are a few dudes here that know them but don't like me much. I'm horrible remember

alex_draper

1 Kilo S. Georgian Bay
1 Mike Orillia
1 Bravo Barrie
1 Gulf Gravenhurst
1 Hotel Bracebridge - Huntsville
1 Alpha Orillia HQ

I live in Orillia and i believe i am correct?

ATCTech

Are you saying those groups are all patched together on a specific tower? As you have them listed they're individual operations/detachment groups, and a bit of a mix of Zone 1 and Zone 2 I might add.

Last edited:

ATCTech

Ahh, well 410.4125 is a local analog OPP repeater, which doesn't qualify as a patch on the regular Fleetnet system. If you were listening to a specific talkgroup on the Fleetnet VHF trunking system and were hearing a combination of those individual groups all appearing as a single talkgroup ID then that would be a patch. It appears like this on Unitrunker for example. In this case, the South Georgian Bay unit calls, Caledon unit calls and MTO York Region Operations units would appear as a single group with a common dispatcher on Fleetnet, and all the units of all the groups would hear each other. Nottawasaga units are combined with Dufferin units, but this is a seperate patch from the other one. The two supergroups created would not hear each others calls. The hospital patch is between an EMS unit and the specific hospital, again separate from the OPP patches, but all appearing on the Primrose tower here.

Attachments

• PRIM.JPG
    PRIM.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Thank you again for the help Bob. During the summer I was occasionally able to pick up King City from Hamilton and I will have to check back on my logs to see if S.Georgian units were showing up on patches with Aurora.

ATCTech

Anytime Eric, you always know where to find me!

Cheers

Bob

imanav8r

For Central Region/HSD (Orillia Comm Centre), the usual patches are:

Zone 1

Caledon 1S/MTO (King)
Dufferin 1N/Nottawasaga 1L
Toronto 5F (Amalagamated with Whitby - 5K no longer used)
Aurora 5B/407 5L
Huronia West 1H/Collingwood 1O
Southern Georgian Bay 1K (Midland Town Detachment as well)
Burlington 5C (Amalgamated with Niagara - 5G no longer in use)
Port Credit 5I/Cambridge 5E
Orillia 1M (Amalgamated with Barrie - 1B no longer in use)/ Rama 1P / RHQ and GHQ 1A

Zone 2
Peterborough 1I/Northumberland 1F
City of Kawartha Lakes 1J/Haliburton 1E
Bracebridge (and Gravenhurst) 1C / Huntsville 1G

These get moved around depending on staffing, workload etc, so they could be switched up at any time.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
For Central Region/HSD (Orillia Comm Centre), the usual patches are:

Toronto 5F (Amalagamated with Whitby - 5K no longer used)

There is a very good chance that 5K might get reused for 407E ETR when it is fully opened to the 115.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gary123

There is no real pattern to patching TGs. Often (most of the time) certain TGs are patched together all the time. Only if there is a major call going on does that pattern change. The patching is to allow fewer dispatchers (not my favorite excuse). The other reason the same TG are patched together is so the dispatcher can remain familiar with the areas and known frequent locations in those areas.

imanav8r

5K won't be used for the 407 extension - the Whitby (Toronto Satellite) Detachment is responsible for the new 407 that is still owned by the Government. Any new sections will be added for 5F as either new zones, or they'll expand the boundaries of existing ones (i.e. zone 6 will stretch further).

Status
Not open for further replies.