Ottawa P25 P2 (new topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3JPX

Hello Folks,

I host the Ottawa Fire Services feed on Broadcastify.

Again, I am noticing missing transmissions. This has happened before, but was rectified when the DB was updated. It has surfaced again.

For example:

1. pump 41, dispatch
2. nothing
3. dispatch, message received

or

1. pump 51 dispatch
2. nothing
3. pump 51 back in station
4. dispatch: msg received

Are there new frequencies that have not been added to the DB? I have no way of knowing or testing.

Ideas?

James

VA3JPX

is your scanner on i.d search mode

As I provide the Ottawa Fire Services feed, I have not tried this. As I understand (correct me if I am wrong), but the scanner would pass the new TG's that it would pickup in ID search mode - to my radio reference feed. I do not now how to prevent this from happening. All I want to achieve is finding out what those (if any) new frequencies are. I suppose I could camp on the control channel and run pro96.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
is your scanner on i.d search mode
Asking if he's in ID search mode compared to ID scan mode has nothing to do with the question he was asking.

He was asking if their was any more frequencies added to the system due to the fact that he was missing pieces of transmissions. Talk group transmissions don't hop around. The frequencies within the system however do. So yes there is a possibility that more frequencies have been added and therefore if you don't have them programmed then yes you would miss some of those transmissions.

I have a feeling there might be some new frequencies but I'm unable to confirm.

I was in Arnprior the other day and was able to listen to this system fine. But yet I too noticed some transmissions missing also. Now I'm not sure if it was due to the signal itself being recieved or if it was because of missing frequencies in my programming. But I did have the same thing happen as well.

If anyone out there is able to capture all frequencies from the system to confirm that would be great. Perhaps there is an update that needs to be put out there.

VA3JPX

If anyone out there is able to capture all frequencies from the system to confirm that would be great. Perhaps there is an update that needs to be put out there.

Thanks for the reply. Is their any way I could try capturing the frequencies? I was running Pro96 software, but it only displays the frequencies that are already programmed into the scanner. Is there a way to use Pro96 to capture new frequencies?

Thanks again.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
Asking if he's in ID search mode compared to ID scan mode has nothing to do with the question he was asking.

He was asking if their was any more frequencies added to the system due to the fact that he was missing pieces of transmissions. Talk group transmissions don't hop around. The frequencies within the system however do. So yes there is a possibility that more frequencies have been added and therefore if you don't have them programmed then yes you would miss some of those transmissions.

I have a feeling there might be some new frequencies but I'm unable to confirm.

I was in Arnprior the other day and was able to listen to this system fine. But yet I too noticed some transmissions missing also. Now I'm not sure if it was due to the signal itself being recieved or if it was because of missing frequencies in my programming. But I did have the same thing happen as well.

I Was Thinking if new talk groups were added vs frequencys this would help i thought talk groups would be added in first

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
As I provide the Ottawa Fire Services feed, I have not tried this. As I understand (correct me if I am wrong), but the scanner would pass the new TG's that it would pickup in ID search mode - to my radio reference feed. I do not now how to prevent this from happening. All I want to achieve is finding out what those (if any) new frequencies are. I suppose I could camp on the control channel and run pro96.
You could try using an SDR to get new frequencies if you have that. Otherwise I don't know.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I Was Thinking if new talk groups were added vs frequencys this would help i thought talk groups would be added in first
While that may be true to an extent. The question however was regarding missing frequencies as opposed to missing talkgroups.

There's plenty of talkgroups part of this system currently but it's a matter of identifying users and unknown talkgroups.

Best way to help with that is. If you have the capability of having radio IDs then you can use those to your benefit. Once you've established who a user is. Ex. Fire chatter vs Bus chatter. Finding new talkgroups with those identified radio ID users should help if those users use multiple talkgroups. Both identified and unidentified.

mciupa

Thanks for the reply. Is their any way I could try capturing the frequencies? I was running Pro96 software, but it only displays the frequencies that are already programmed into the scanner. Is there a way to use Pro96 to capture new frequencies?

Thanks again.

Have you tried Unitrunker?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
What scanner are you using? Most newer scanners use control channel only mode and use the system's bandplan to find the voice frequencies. If you have one of these scanners, missing voice frequencies isn't your problem.

DaveH

Still not sure what is causing your problem James.

Refresh my memory: is your stream setup capable of CC-only? Are you using Site 1 (west) or Site 2.

If there are missing frequencies, Unitrunker and Pro96com will find them as the P25 CC sends out the bandplan and channel numbers as assigned, all the info is there. If it doesn't, may be because it only displays them as the are used, so if they were not previously found/stored, and they are not assigned while the program is running, they will not show. (Or unless the version you are running is buggy, or somehow misconfigured in a way I can't think of).

Added frequencies could be new, or re-assigned from EDACS system for that site; have you checked those?

Dave

VA3JPX

Here is the scoop on my setup:

Scanner: Uniden 996P2
Firmware: v1.07.09
Programming Software: FreeSCAN 2.18-beta6

Yes, control channel only is check marked. Also it is greyed out, so it cannot be changed.

I am monitoring Site 2 exclusively.

Please see the attached photo.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• 996p2-1.jpg
    996p2-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 180

DaveH

Seems the last time this came up you were having problem with CC decode on Site 2 due to your location. I suggest: run Pro96Com parked on the CC (if it is scanning, activity will disrupt this test). Watch the signal decoding quality bar-graph at the lower left of screen. If it jumps around a lot or drops out, you will see it.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.