Hamilton HSR - DMR Tier 3 - Uniden 325P2 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleradio

Hello,

With my SDR setup, I have no issues what-so-ever listening to HSR; however, with my Uniden 325P2 (on latest Firmware) I am unable to hear anything unless I park on an audio channel.

It is set up like the RR Database is but I get nothing. Not a peep.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

MapleRadio

Paz

Premium Subscriber
I have also had problems with the new HSR system. I have been unable to monitor HSR as a trunked system on my BCD426HP. But I can scan the three voice channels and hear all the traffic. It only occasionally identifies a talkgroup, and I can't lock in on a talkgroup. Is there a simple explanation about how to program HSR as a trunked system? Thanks.

mciupa

Count me in with a BCD 536HP, I can't trunk it either. (Although, I'm in Toronto)

I used to hear all analog frequencies no problem in the past. Last thing I remember on analog was the Locke St. trouble and how agitated the operators were.

ATCTech

Hi Mike, I know we discussed this in the early going of the system coming online. Did you get the channel numbers programmed, or does it matter in the Bearcat radios for TIII systems?

mciupa

The Channel ID's have to be correct for proper trunktracking for our Uniden's

This is what we have in the database

Code:
Site Frequency Table

CH ID	Frequency	Color Code
2045	410.7875 	        0
2093	411.0875 	        0
2165	411.5375	        0
2181	411.6375c	        0

mciupa

But, those logical slot numbers are what I need to populate the menu in the database for RadioReference. I have no field for LCN.

We need the LCN's for Sentinel, then we should be in business.

mapleradio

Just uploaded the changes to my Uniden 325P2 - will report back with success or failure.

Thanks everyone for the ideas!

-- SIDE BAR --

Is DMR Tier 3 a completely Hytera Product?

DaveH

At least Tier III claims to be compliant to ETSI (TS 102 361-1/2/3/4?) **. No Tier III systems near me, how well does DSD+ handle it? Not much low-level detail on the web I can find so far, mostly Hytera's marketing stuff.

Dave

** good light reading at night or while in the bathtub...

slicerwizard

Is DMR Tier 3 a completely Hytera Product?
TIII systems in North America are made by Motorola, Hytera, Tait, maybe others. Additional vendors overseas.

At least Tier III claims to be compliant to ETSI (TS 102 361-1/2/3/4?) **. No Tier III systems near me, how well does DSD+ handle it?
Works fine. Used it on various systems in southern Ontario.

mapleradio

Erased scanner, reset to factory defaults and manually setup the system and it's parked on the control channel but no audio at all.

I have full bars of signal.

Any other ideas?

ATCTech

I have it running with DSD+/FMP24 right now and it's active, not wildly busy, but there are voice calls just in the last few seconds.

mapleradio

After mucking with this and changing all suggestions above... I still cannot get it to scan properly unless I park on an audio channel. However, while parked on the CC I can see SID: 00001: etc and when calls do happen the TG and RID. So we are making progress.

I think I should give up. DMR III is unable to be monitored by any Uniden Radio I guess.

DaveH

I don't own the scanner in question or have access to a Tier 3 system but want to understand how scanners could track the system with available channel info in RR: channel numbers which fit into some channel plan (6.25kHz spacing).

Does it not need some sort of LCN/LSN mapping such as for MotoTRBO systems?

System should transmit the required info in its data stream (TS 102 361-04) to decode channel numbers into actual frequencies,
question is whether all scanner software is doing this correctly.

Dave

Last edited:

newatthis

Premium Subscriber
After mucking with this and changing all suggestions above... I still cannot get it to scan properly unless I park on an audio channel. However, while parked on the CC I can see SID: 00001: etc and when calls do happen the TG and RID. So we are making progress.
I think I should give up. DMR III is unable to be monitored by any Uniden Radio I guess.

Don't give up on all Unidens quite yet.
I have the exact same issue in Toronto with the TIII Mobile Busness System on a 996P2. It works perfect on a 536mobile. We have two TIII I looked at and one does work on the 996P2 which is I think mobile equivalent of your radio. The Mobile Business identifies as RAS on DSD which is the only noticible difference I have seen between the two systems.

mapleradio

As of right now Uniden has not responded to me. I am going to post in the Uniden forums to see if their rep can help us out. Hopefully, it's just a setting or a firmware update.

Status
Not open for further replies.