FleetConnect Frequencies Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
:confused: I'm trying to find all the frequencies for the FleetConnect system but I tried a search for FleetConnect on the TAFL SITE and nothing comes up, I,m trying to find frequencies for the Fonthill, Niagara site there are two frequencies on there already and was wondering if there were other frequencies for this tower. I hear digital audio on one of the frequencies now and I sat on the other frequency and talkgroup 11050057 came up and the audio was clear. Would think there are more frequencies for this tower. any inflo appreciated.
Steve

DaveH

You need to search TAFL using licensee name (Talk Wireless) not the name of the system.

Search on a known frequency in Ontario e.g. 420.7625, pick the right entry, TX frequency,
then find the callsign for that site (CFT964) and you will find other frequencies at that site.

Dave

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Finding Frequencies

You need to search TAFL using licensee name (Talk Wireless) not the name of the system.

Search on a known frequency in Ontario e.g. 420.7625, pick the right entry, TX frequency,
then find the callsign for that site (CFT964) and you will find other frequencies at that site.

Dave

Thanks Dave for your help, I think I found the frequencies in the 420.xxxx

I'll give these a try and see what happens
Steve

ATCTech

I've had all five licensed frequencies for site 40 programmed in DSD+ for months now and even this morning only the two shown in the RR db are active. There has been loads of traffic (mostly gravel hauling... get it, loads? :roll: ) and still only those two show any activity.

Cheers!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Frequencies

I've had all five licensed frequencies for site 40 programmed in DSD+ for months now and even this morning only the two shown in the RR db are active. There has been loads of traffic (mostly gravel hauling... get it, loads? :roll: ) and still only those two show any activity.

Cheers!

:confused: Yea I noticed that only the two frequencies on the RR Page are active I am getting digital noise on both of the frequencies continuously but if I sit on 420.7625 TG- audio is coming in loud and clear, I am recording the TG'S and will submit the new TG'S and info I find.
Steve

ATCTech

The truly odd part of this is that site 40 has a control channel on both frequencies simultaneously. I have 2 instances running here with no DSD+ information files in either folder and both copies are reporting 158-40.

420.5625 is not reporting any neighbor sites, 420.7625 reports 10, 11 & 14.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Information

The truly odd part of this is that site 40 has a control channel on both frequencies simultaneously. I have 2 instances running here with no DSD+ information files in either folder and both copies are reporting 158-40.

420.5625 is not reporting any neighbor sites, 420.7625 reports 10, 11 & 14.

yes I have the same info coming up on DSD+

Yes, yesterday 420.7625 had digital noise and 420.5626 had no digital noise and TG'S-audio was coming through. And now all tg's are coming up on 420.7625.
Steve

gary123

Many CC rotate every day. See if tomorrow they return to the 5625/7625 configuration. I suspect some type of image on the 5625 data heard or some other service. can you check the signal strengths when its present.

ATCTech

Signal strengths are identical and I'm 30+ miles away, so images etc. are very unlikely, especially when data being reported is different. (Neighbor list specifically.) Steve is closer but in the exact opposite direction from me.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Signal strengths

Signal strengths are identical and I'm 30+ miles away, so images etc. are very unlikely, especially when data being reported is different. (Neighbor list specifically.) Steve is closer but in the exact opposite direction from me.

Same with me Signal strength is the same, and the data is different on each frequency in DSD+ Also I sent in to RR two more TG'S I found. I'm going to leave it running for the rest of the day while I am out.
Steve

ATCTech

Even more interesting, the 2 talkgroups I saw active on Fleetconnect site 40 and reported for inclusion in the DB this morning I just found in the RR DB as part of the GOTRBO network. As there's no reported 42x MHz frequencies in the database for GOTRBO I'd have to suggest these networks are merging.

Also seeing LRRP data transmissions exactly every 5 minutes on 420.8625, and what seems like analog trunking still active on 420.6625 and 420.9625. I also just caught a DMR voice exchange on 420.8625 referring to "Seaway Mall" and "the highway is fully open", T/G 10, which doesn't seem to align with either system's known talkgroups in the database.

EDIT: DUH, right? 420.8625 is also part of the Talk Wireless system in St. Catharines, and the T/Gs seen here match that user list. So, I absolutely doubt the frequency is part of the Fonthill tower on the other system.

Last edited:

mbstone99

I have seen this activity too on both the Hamilton and Fonthill towers. i think I have seen about 5 talkgroups like that come up on either those towers.

Matt

Saint

Premium Subscriber
TG Activity

good morning, just listening in on the frequencies and Have TG activity on 420.5625 MHz this morning so I will listen in on this frequency all day and see if I can find new TG'S.
Steve

ATCTech

The "dual CC" situation has changed as well. By yesterday evening the CC datastream on 420.5625 had dropped altogether. This morning, the real CC is on 420.5625 (by that I mean the one that reports neighbor sites) while the "rogue" one that shows no neighbors is on 420.7625.

I'll be watching both for more signs of talkgroups that belong to other systems.

Edit: The very first call I saw (and heard) this morning was T/G 11050028, again a group already logged in the DB on GOTRBO. So far I'm sticking to my hypothesis from yesterday that multiple systems are partially at least patched together - Fleetconnect, GOTRBO, and Talk Wireless in St. Catharines on a limited user basis. I'll have to monitor all 3 in parallel to see if calls appear across them as all well.

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Info

The "dual CC" situation has changed as well. By yesterday evening the CC datastream on 420.5625 had dropped altogether. This morning, the real CC is on 420.5625 (by that I mean the one that reports neighbor sites) while the "rogue" one that shows no neighbors is on 420.7625.

I'll be watching both for more signs of talkgroups that belong to other systems.

Edit: The very first call I saw (and heard) this morning was T/G 11050028, again a group already logged in the DB on GOTRBO. So far I'm sticking to my hypothesis from yesterday that multiple systems are partially at least patched together - Fleetconnect, GOTRBO, and Talk Wireless in St. Catharines on a limited user basis. I'll have to monitor all 3 in parallel to see if calls appear across them as all well.

Yea, I check both frequencies around 5:30 this morning and 420.7625 was intermittent digital noise and then around 7:00 this morning the digital noise on 420.7625 was consistent. Really weird. But I know there are several more TG'S I need to capture, hopefully I'll get them today on 420.5625 mhz.
Also the first tg I heard was 11050028
Steve

ATCTech

Yup, and watching both site 40 and the GOTRBO site at Fonthill the 3 "GOTRBO" for lack of a better description series of calls that have taken place on Fleetconnect have NOT been parallel on GOTRBO. (These would include the 2 T/Gs I submitted to the DB yesterday for Fleetconnect.) And, a couple of calls from other T/Gs on GOTRBO haven't appeared on Fleetconnect. That sort of dispels my patching theory but suggests users have been moved across the two networks.

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
moving

Yup, and watching both site 40 and the GOTRBO site at Fonthill the 3 "GOTRBO" for lack of a better description series of calls that have taken place on Fleetconnect have NOT been parallel on GOTRBO. And, a couple of calls from other T/Gs on GOTRBO haven't appeared on Fleetconnect. That sort of dispels my patching theory but suggests users have been moved across the two networks.
It sounds like there could be a move going on, I know there were 3 other tg's that came up the other day each one had 1 hit on them in DSD+ but I did not write them down, if they come up again I will let you know. I have to go out for a couple of hours so when I get back I will check to see if there is any new information.
Steve

gary123

It sounds like there may be a customer migration from GOTRBO to Fleetconnect

Saint

Premium Subscriber
NEW tg's

was listening to Fleetconnect system 10 hours parked on 420.5625 MHz and picked up these new TG'S, NO idea who they belong to not enough audio.
Steve

Talkgroup
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.