Washington County "W Codes" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA9AHQ

I have been hearing a lot of: Willy4 willy35 willy35f
Anyone know what washington county is doing with it's willys ?
tnx
73 de ka9ahq/7

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Although I can't confirm it, I'm sure they're the same as Portland Police.

Here are the examples I found for Portland:
W - CALL SERVICED
1 - Assignment Complete - 610 10-8 WILLIE 1 (Very Common!)
2 - Person Assisted - 610 10-8 WILLIE 2
3 - Person Advised - 610 10-8 WILLIE 3
4 - Hazard Removed - 610 10-8 WILLIE 4
5 - Delivered Person, Message or Package - 610 10-8 WILLIE 5
6 - Peace Restored - 610 10-8 WILLIE 6
7 - Nuisance Abated - 610 10-8 WILLIE 7
8 - Handled by Other Unit / Agency - 610 10-8 WILLIE 8

pdxbofh

WCSO Does use the same clearance codes as Portland... So the list on OregonLive.com under "police scanner" should be the same...

They use these codes to 'clear' the call they are on.

poolsidemike

Actually, I think what you're hearing on Washington County (and all other Washington County police agencies) is a little different than Portland...

Wash County also uses "Willy" as a code for "Warrant" if you're hearing it paired with the number "35". "35" means "officer pay special attention" or "copy sensitive information" (i.e. something that they don't want a suspect to hear).

Examples:

"5110, are you 35?" means "are you out of earshot of the suspect?"

"he has a 35 out of Multnomah County" means a warrant out of Multnomah County

"35 Frank" means a Felony warrant; "35 Mary" means a misdomeanor warrant.

"35G" means a confirmed or suspected gang member. "35W" or "35 Willy" means the person they're running a check on has a concealed weapon permit.

Sometimes you'll hear the dispatcher say "copy 35 Info" which can be a lot of things including restraining order, past criminal history (but no current warrants outstanding), or other "officer safety" information such as known to carry weapons in the past, etc.

Hope this helps. Happy listening!

pdxbofh

Yea, that's correct

but their CLEARANCE CODES are the same as Portland

They do have 35 codes that Portland does NOT use, but the CLEARANCE CODES are the same

Last edited:

radiotweester

I think this is off you topic, but another thing you might hear is after a stop is "I'll be clear, Willie-3. William Mary Adam Tom Nora". This is for statistics.

William = White
Mary = Mary
Adam = Adult
Tom = Ticket Issued
Nora = No search

Henry = Hispanic
Frank = Female
John = Juvenile
Nora = No ticket
Yellow = Search conducted

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
I think this is off you topic, but another thing you might hear is after a stop is "I'll be clear, Willie-3. William Mary Adam Tom Nora". This is for statistics.

William = White
Mary = Mary
Adam = Adult
Tom = Ticket Issued
Nora = No search

Henry = Hispanic
Frank = Female
John = Juvenile
Nora = No ticket
Yellow = Search conducted
I'm assuming you meant "Mary = Male".

I've actually never heard them clear a call that way before (I usually only listen to South Cities). Is that new, or just something the other PD's / WCSO does?

KA9AHQ

Wash County and their willies

I hear the following alot

WMA White Male Adult
WFA female
WMJ male juv
WFJ female juv

H for hispanic
B Black
A Asian

so HMA Hispanic Male Adult

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming you meant "Mary = Male".

I've actually never heard them clear a call that way before (I usually only listen to South Cities). Is that new, or just something the other PD's / WCSO does?

OSP does this, too.

KE7JFF

I remember when I first started listening to OSP, I used to think when they said WMATM it was their callsign....poor naive me :p

KA9AHQ

Don't feel so bad

Who would hope to know
Washington Mutual Automatic Teller Machine.
Its just not all that intuitive.

I guess the kids just needed doughnut money :)

73 de KA9AHQ/7
ed

My understanding is thats how thy keep track of traffic stops to show that thy are NOT racial profiling. This according to a Clark Co. Sherriff thats a son of a friend. Most agencies are doing this now that I've heard.

lbfergus

Premium Subscriber
Hmm

I just heard a William Mary Adam Mary Nora, what would you figure that would mean with the M where a Tom or Nora would typically go?

mjohnston4

I never heard them clear a stop that way on SO1, maybe on SO2 but doubt it. (re-WMATM)

They also have other clearences of Y #, R # and S #.

And other 10-35 codes are Robert-R (restraining order) and Sam-S (Stolen vehicle).

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
I just heard an OSP unit clear WMATM, what does the second M mean at the end? The last two letters are confusing besides Ticket issued.

In YC, all the police/sheriff I hear use the disposition codes. They usually clear stops "Yellow 2", or "White 2" for warnings. And "Yellow 3" or "White 3" When there are tickets given. When they complete something- instead of saying "White 1" they say "Willie 1", I can see why lol. Would sound kinda weird.

And for reports they usually say "Robert 1" or "R1" to speed things up. I think Ive heard "Yellow 1" once. "Tom 1" and "Sam 1" are used here and there, and more frequently "X1" or "X1 times (the number of people they checked)". Usually they don't use the 10 or 12 code except to say "12-2, EOdub" for end of watch or "12-88".

They do use code for warrants but Ive only heard something like "Does he/she have a 24?" Or "There's a state wide felony 24" for that person.

The color coded method seems pretty logical though.

I just heard an OSP unit clear WMATM, what does the second M mean at the end? The last two letters are confusing besides Ticket issued.

In YC, all the police/sheriff I hear use the disposition codes. .

T or Tom is traffic stop NOT ticket issued. OSP also uses Dispo codes, you will hear "2B WMATN". The 2B is a ticket in violation of 65mph speed, 2A is 55mph. Any dispo code with the "2" is a citation, a "3" is a warning. "3B AMATN" would be a Asian Male Adult Traffic stop without a search and got a warning for violating the 65mph speed

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
T or Tom is traffic stop NOT ticket issued. OSP also uses Dispo codes, you will hear "2B WMATN". The 2B is a ticket in violation of 65mph speed, 2A is 55mph. Any dispo code with the "2" is a citation, a "3" is a warning. "3B AMATN" would be a Asian Male Adult Traffic stop without a search and got a warning for violating the 65mph speed

Forgive me but I'm still confused about the very last letter...

Status
Not open for further replies.