Portland area stream - What would people want to listen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
There's no denying it would not be easy to listen to a noisy feed...

I used to have a hum in my (now defunct) feed. I'm thinking of starting a new one, as soon as I figure what people might want. But this time I'm using one of those RTL-SDR dongles.

With no computer cables or soundcard involved, just USB plugin, I'm hoping it'll be less noise or hum.

While I'm here, to slightly hijack for a question, where would I post here to ask what people might like in the Portland area as a stream?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Slightly hijack? Nope, more of a full on hijack.

I've moved your post to its own thread in the Oregon forum.

PaulNDaOC

I would love to be able to listen to a PPB feed with just one Net streamed. It is hard to follow radio traffic with four or five dispatch nets streamed at a time,

Thanks for you efforts and dedication

LiquidPandora

Separate Freq's Same ID It's the way to go in a Crowded area

I would love to be able to listen to a PPB feed with just one Net streamed. It is hard to follow radio traffic with four or five dispatch nets streamed at a time,

From what I understand that is not going to happen.... Some systems that Cover LARGE Areas for Instance South East idaho along the I-15 They have several towns up and down that are all very close... they all have separate Freq's but they are on the same TGID and so you are going to Hear ALL THE TRANSMITTERS in that Geographical Area.. In my Area that is the case.... It's not a big deal.. and if you live in Hillbilly Hell like I do and you are close enough to hear them in the first place it makes sense you would want to know what is going on up and down the Freeway.... I DO. :D

boycesm

I agree they are all on their own talk groups, besides Fairview, Gresham, Troutdale, and Multnomah Sheriff(these are all on one talk group.) The North, Central, and East Portland precincts all have their own talk groups. you can run more than one feed at a time, like turning on/off a group in your scanner.
There's no problem with the other one, but it is hard to follow traffic when another agency pipes in.

KE7JFF

While its not Portland, but you can hear them from Portland from places east of the Willamete, I would love a Hood River SO and Wasco SO feed.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
PDX Feed

Dedicated FIRE feed:

Portland Fire/Rescue - Multnomah County Fire
AMR Dispatch Multnomah County
PDX Airport Fire

secondard:
Hood River County Fire talk group tapout
USFS Fire Mt Hood NF talk group

SCPD

QRT
I think all of those are trunked systems Fielder, but I'll check out the non-group ones you listed to see if those are too.

SCPD

QRT
So far the rail looks most promising. I still have more Google searches to make. Lots of new stuff to learn, which is most of the fun. Anyway, I'll be monitoring more the next few days. Thanks for the tips, keep 'em coming if you have more to offer.

Attachments

• railroadATCStest001[1].jpg
    railroadATCStest001[1].jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 230

KE7JFF

Uh...Hood River and USFS are conventional...,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider

PaulNDaOC

To satisfy various interests perhaps the Police/East County Nets could be rotated periodically.

SCPD

QRT
I had no idea ATCS existed here.

I haven't done much with ATCS, but here's the NW ATCS yahoo group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NW_ATCS/info

To satisfy various interests perhaps the Police/East County Nets could be rotated periodically.

I think I've settled on putting a remote SDR online for others to tune to where they want. I'm just waiting to find a laptop to run it. Something I can leave on 24/7. When it's set up, I'll announce it on this thread, in case anyone's interested.

Thanks to all for the ideas and comments!

SCPD

QRT
Since RTL-SDR dongles are less than $20, decided to do both. Remote control (other site) and here with Oregon State Police.

Although I've stated I'm not a fan of ecomm feeds, as Spock would say, the needs of the many.... vs the needs of the one. ;)

Oregon State Police - Portland

Thanks again for all the advice and comments! Attached is a pic of the newly minted streamer.

Attachments

• k2ncc2014streamingOSPstatio.jpg
    k2ncc2014streamingOSPstatio.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 129
Status
Not open for further replies.