East Marion County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

southradio

While returning from Central Oregon a few weeks ago on OR-22, I heard a fire tapout on 154.415 and it was a dispatch for Idanha-Detroit Fire and Lyons Fire for a motor vehicle crash that happened behind us toward Santiam Junction. Upon further monitoring, this appears to be a repeater located on Halls Ridge as I heard the dispatcher tell the Lyons medic unit that the Idanha-Detroit units were on the Halls repeater. Coverage is pretty good for the repeater so if it is like the other repeaters on Halls Ridge such as OSP, ODF, ODOT and Marion County S.O., it may make it down to the valley floor. Eventually came upon approaching SUVs, one for the fire chief (C59) and one for the rescue unit (Rescue 58). Never have been through the area when there was any activity noted in that area on 154.415 so a new "find" for me. Not sure how long the repeater has been operational. Also heard C59 tell the dispatcher that he had talked to ODOT on its frequency about the call so maybe they also have the ability to communicate with Marion County S.O. and OSP (maybe even USFS?).

nightfoam

Premium Subscriber
Yup, South 1 Halls has been up and running since August. Has much better coverage up and down the canyon than the old site down in the town of Detroit.
Detroit Fire used to be able to use the FS channels but the FS didn't like that so it doesn't happen anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

southradio

Yes. I had the frequency and the 123.0 PL programmed into the scanner as I planned our route using the RR database information.. Looks like they have a 173.2875 mobile license including a mobile repeater license so perhaps that is the input for the repeater. I took a quick look at the FCC records to see if I could find an FB2 listing on 154.415 in that area but nothing. Lots of licenses for fire agencies in Marion County including Metcom which also has license for House Mountain which appears to be a bit west of Halls Ridge (closer to Mill City) but no FB2 there.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
E Marion County Fire

There is also Brietenbush Fire Department up on Road 46 up above Detroit. (Google them, they have a website). I wonder what fire channel they are using? Primary response area is up Road 46, the Hot Springs, and several campgrounds too. Idanha-Detroit FD went out of the ambulance business in the last 6-12 months. .

southradio

Interesting to hear about a Breitenbush Fire Department. With the wet weather over the weekend, I did some digging to see what I could find. Probably not much activity there although I seem to recall seeing on TV news some coverage this summer of fires in the Breitenbush area. They have a web site at: Breitenbush Fire Department

I also spotted something, I think it was while looking at the Metcom 911 site where Breitenbush is also mentioned, that there had been some discussion about Idanha-Detroit and Breitenbush merging into one fire district. Also saw something about Lyons Fire District taking over the Idanha-Detroit Fire ambulance service area. I suspect that they have a problem getting enough locals to volunteer or work in the Idanha-Detroit area..

Status
Not open for further replies.