Albany Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcdg

dkf435

Albany may of done what the county did with their sites and have patched a VHF frequency into each site of the trunked system. Scott MT VHF was active at the switch over but I thnk may be able to be turned on or off, but Halls, Cougar and Hoodoo VHF tie into the 700sytem. I can be listening on 700 and hear same traffic on VHF with slight delay.

David

wcdg

I've actually identified these frequencies recently. Turns out the APD license is still active but they've been sold to and are currently being used by the Linn County Sheriff's Office. In addition to 151.130 and 165.0525, frequencies 154.0625 and 156.0825 are also repeaters for LCSO.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
151.1300 is LCSO Knox Butte 131 DCS. It is linked to 700MHz dispatch TG along with Halls, Cougar, and Hoodoo. Scott Mtn is not linked, or at least not linked all the time. Like dkf435 said, the link must be able to be turned on or off for Scott.

156.0525 is the repeater input.

Baker845

Some where i saw that Scott Mtn was part of Linn county simulcast 700 system. If that site isn't linked to Dispatch TG then likely Scott is part of Simulcast 700 system. My understanding is Scott Mtn covers good part of Linn county.

Is Albany PD still using 153.81500?

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Haven't heard APD on VHF since the day they switched to 700MHz a few years ago.

dkf435

ok, 153.815 was renewed back in 2015, so must be back up only.

The 153.815 license was just updated in October to reflect the new PD building location with 300 watts ERP.

Was funny APD got in pursuit of a stolen car lead car of pursuit and the second car calling it went up over Ankeny Hill and dropped over the top into Salem and completely dropped off the radio and they had to call them by cel, to get status I guess nobody tested the radios for range, I am thinking that is why Linn County got the hardware to tie the 7 county system to the State 700 system so they can roam between the two (maybe up HWY20?? also on the Santiam Pass )

The first week of LCSO being on 700MHz the 154.710 on Scott was active on rebroadcasting the dispatch 22001 talk group but is off now. Have heard the forest deputies coming in on Hoodoo Halls or Cougar on VHF and coming out on 700 with the delay reversed and static on VHF does not convert to digital well.

Picking some the 151.130 rebroadcast up here in Sweet Home on hand held scanner with slight delay to the 700

The 700 system started out in Benton County at the Corvallis Public Works (right where 99 W crosses the railroad) and Albany PD was the first user, I think they did it to satisfy the inuse date to the FCC.

Not sure if the 7 county system will ever be put on Wren or Green Peter or south Linn or Benton counties as originally planned.

Scott MT was put on line a few years ago and then the started the simulcast and LCSO coverage testing along the hiways and once that was put in they started moving the VHF on the new system and heard the techs tell dispatch of the change of Scott becoming the main VHF instead of Know Butte

I suspect before they are done they may change alot of things around between VHF and the trunk system..

Also point out that Sweet Home Fire got one of the VHF mobile repeater freqs 173.2375 for use on High Deck mountain to get the radios out of Cascadia into Scott Mtn Fire 3 153.995, Scott Coverage really is bad in Sweet Home after the narrow banding and not sure but they may still have radio problems as I look directly at it and signal is low.

David Kb7uns

Status
Not open for further replies.