Portland P25 and CRESA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinsu

I was doing some programming today and decided to play around with unitrunker for a few minutes, it appears there is some interconnect occurring between the Portland P25 system and the CRESA 911 system in Washington.

When monitoring the Portland P25 West Simulcast site it indicates a peer of 860.9375 Site 001-001 which is the control channel for the CRESA Simulcast site.

When monitoring the CRESA Simulcast site it shows a peer of 772.60625 Site 001-021, the control channel for the Portland P25 West Simulcast control channel.

Each system still has their own separate system IDs. Comparing the talkgroups on each system there is only 1 that is the same between both, 2135 and it is listed as a radio maintenance talkgroup for both systems. I don't have the capacity to monitor both systems simultaneously but I did receive hits on that talkgroup on both systems within a short period of time today.

The Portland system is also indicating that it is Phase 2 capable but I seem to remember that it has been indicating that for a while.

Just for fun I started doing some comparison amongst CRESA 911, Portland P25, Oregon State Radio Project, WCCCA/CCOM P25 and the Lane/Linn County P25 systems. None of them share any talkgroups other than that 2135 shared between CRESA and Portland.

I have not submitted a update to the database as I'm really not even sure how to submit this other than to merge the CRESA and Portland system and I don't think that's appropriate yet if there is not actually any cross communication occuring.

Attachments

• Peers.jpg
    Peers.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 328
  • System Info.jpg
    System Info.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 318

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
The Oregon State Radio Project is linked via ISSI to Frontier P25 network. The Sherman County Sheriff TG and OSP The Dalles TG is shared between both systems.

OSRP and SW7 are supposed to have some shared talkgroups in the future.

The WCCCA P25 system and Portland P25 system have a couple of shared talkgroups I've caught the techs on. Probably future inter-op TGs.

All are still separate systems.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I'm confused a little. Is Frontier P25 net the same as the system used by Frontier Regional 911 out of Condon Oregon right ?

I'm planning to get a Unicaiton radio pretty soon!

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Frontier P25 is the one in Condon (Gilliam/Sherman Counties).

Also, some TriMet TGs pop up occasionally on the Portland P25 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.