Oregon Department of Forestry frequencies page needs worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
The ODF page needs some work. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=1177

There are a lot of duplicate frequencies with same PL tones just different names, within the same area. Below is an example of what I'm referring to. This is in the Northwest Ops Area:

151.20500 159.43500 KA3198 BM 179.9 PL ODF 11-F North Cascade District - High Heaven Repeater FMN Fire Dispatch
151.20500 159.43500 KA3198 BM 179.9 PL ODF 11-C North Cascade District - Mt. Horeb Repeater FMN Fire Dispatch
151.20500 159.43500 KA3198 BM 179.9 PL ODF 11-E North Cascade District - Skamania Repeater FMN Fire Dispatch

I'm going to clean this up, and simply list one frequency like such:
151.20500 159.43500 KA3198 BM 179.9 PL ODF 11 North Cascade District FMN Fire Dispatch

I am also thinking about breaking it down into smaller geographic areas. For example the "south operational area" includes frequencies from Coos Forest in the west, to Walker Range in the east. This is a large geographic area and I think it should be broken up in smaller areas. Same with East Ops area, from Central Oregon District to NE Oregon, a huge GPS range. This would keep your scan list smaller and improve scanning speed. What does the group think of breaking it up into smaller areas by districts? I don't want redo it based on just my opinion, so i'm asking for feedback.

ecps92

Might I also suggest updating the Call Sign as the current one listed is not for the Repeaters. KA3198 is Simplex licenses and/or Links, no FB2 Repeaters
The ODF page needs some work. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=1177

There are a lot of duplicate frequencies with same PL tones just different names, within the same area. Below is an example of what I'm referring to. This is in the Northwest Ops Area:

151.20500 159.43500 KA3198 BM 179.9 PL ODF 11-F North Cascade District - High Heaven Repeater FMN Fire Dispatch
151.20500 159.43500 KA3198 BM 179.9 PL ODF 11-C North Cascade District - Mt. Horeb Repeater FMN Fire Dispatch
151.20500 159.43500 KA3198 BM 179.9 PL ODF 11-E North Cascade District - Skamania Repeater FMN Fire Dispatch

I'm going to clean this up, and simply list one frequency like such:
151.20500 159.43500 KA3198 BM 179.9 PL ODF 11 North Cascade District FMN Fire Dispatch

I am also thinking about breaking it down into smaller geographic areas. For example the "south operational area" includes frequencies from Coos Forest in the west, to Walker Range in the east. This is a large geographic area and I think it should be broken up in smaller areas. Same with East Ops area, from Central Oregon District to NE Oregon, a huge GPS range. This would keep your scan list smaller and improve scanning speed. What does the group think of breaking it up into smaller areas by districts? I don't want redo it based on just my opinion, so i'm asking for feedback.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Might I also suggest updating the Call Sign as the current one listed is not for the Repeaters. KA3198 is Simplex licenses and/or Links, no FB2 Repeaters

In our DB, BM is Base and Mobiles... RM is Repeaters and Mobiles, M is just Mobiles.. Everything you quoted shows BM.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
ODF page re-work

I totally agree with kd7jfjv. ODF needs some re-work to make it more understandable. For that reason, I made my OWN ODF frequency list statewide last year. "North Cascade District" or "Southern Oregon District" isn't enough. Molalla ECC?, Sweet Home ECC? If you want to see a how it's done, look at CAL-Fire or Washington DNR in the database.

For those not familiar with districts or fire protection "associations", it is hard to read and understand. Eastern Lane = "Springfield" Dispatch (or "South Cascades Dispatch" I think), Western Lane = "Veneta" Dispatch.

ODF Klamath-Lake , which is which is Lakeview and which is Klamath Falls?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I totally agree with kd7jfjv. ODF needs some re-work to make it more understandable. For that reason, I made my OWN ODF frequency list statewide last year. "North Cascade District" or "Southern Oregon District" isn't enough. Molalla ECC?, Sweet Home ECC? If you want to see a how it's done, look at CAL-Fire or Washington DNR in the database.

For those not familiar with districts or fire protection "associations", it is hard to read and understand. Eastern Lane = "Springfield" Dispatch (or "South Cascades Dispatch" I think), Western Lane = "Veneta" Dispatch.

ODF Klamath-Lake , which is which is Lakeview and which is Klamath Falls?

Want it fixed? Take the things you know, SUBMIT that info to the DB, and the Oregon Admins will then be able to put it to work as much as possible. The ONLY way the DB improves in usability and accuracy is by you guys out there SUBMITTING the info to us. We are almost ALL volunteers and can only work with what YOU give us. So like Smokey with USFS used to say, paraphrased: ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT DATABASE INACCURACY/CONFUSION!

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I think I have completed the reorganization of the ODF page. I've broken it down into dispatch areas as best I could with the exception of the NW area, they are so close together that I didn't think it made any sense to break them up further. Please take a look and let me know if I've missed anything or if you see corrections needed. I'm still conflicted with the A/A and A/G frequencies as they're shared over larger areas. Some are specific to the dispatch area, some are wide area. Should I remove them from the dispatch groups and assign some wide area descriptive areas? As always, only you can prevent a bad database.

Thanks for everyone's help with this.

Last edited:

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
Don't see WESTERN OREGON DISTRICT (Toledo, Dallas, Philomouth) anywhere. (Now dispatched by WIF- Willamette Interagency fire center in Eugene. Coastal Valley Dispatch - Corvallis merged with Eugene last year.)

kd7jfv

Database Admin
Don't see WESTERN OREGON DISTRICT (Toledo, Dallas, Philomouth) anywhere. (Now dispatched by WIF- Willamette Interagency fire center in Eugene. Coastal Valley Dispatch - Corvallis merged with Eugene last year.)

They're listed under the "Northwest Operational area". They only have one frequency RX 151.1675 156.7 PL for Mary's Peak, Hebo, Euchre and Prairie. The Northwest was grouped because of such close proximity to each other, I didn't think it would make sense to break them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.