Lincoln County signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
I’m having almost no luck receiving Lincoln County Law 1 (155.07, DCS 754) from the place I’m currently staying in Oceanside, Oregon. I’m wondering if they have reduced their transmit power or something? I have been able to receive them from here pretty well in the past. Lincoln County Fire 1 and Fire 2 have a good signal right now, and so does OSP Newport, but Lincoln Law 1 just barely breaks squelch and is mostly unintelligible. The last time I was down here was a year ago and their signal wasn’t great, but was it mostly copiable. I’m using an oldie (but goodie) RS Pro-2006 radio right now, as well as an Alinco DJ-X11, both connected to a Diamond X50 antenna mounted about 20 feet up. I’m using a Stridsberg splitter to feed both radios, but I’ve also tried connecting one radio at a time directly with no significant difference in signal strength. I really think Lincoln County has made some system changes, because I can remember 10 or so years ago being able to receive them quite well from Oceanside with just a duck antenna on a handheld.
Has anyone else noticed a weaker signal on Law 1?
Thanks for the help!
Gordon

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
That's the RX I have for them as well. (Simulcast System). They did some changes to the Otter Rock/ Cape Fowlweather Site 4-5 years ago. LCSO also uses mobile extenders when needed in their cars. How is Pacfic West Ambulance 155.1750?

Baker845

My guess is when they up graded the radio system to simulcast they, may have changed antenna directions or location's on the tower. The new current radio system they use now seen's to work a lot better then before.

Status
Not open for further replies.