ODF Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
This morning I picked up ODF Coordination Center on 159.2625 unkn pl, talking to an aircraft at Salem Airport. 4 souls on board and preparing to take off. It could have been rotor or fixed wing, and I didn't catch the tail#. (I was not aware that Salem Coordination Center had a base radio set up to talk to anyone.) I suppose it might be the ONG guard base.. yet that frequency is for ODF I thought.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
This morning I picked up ODF Coordination Center on 159.2625 unkn pl, talking to an aircraft at Salem Airport. 4 souls on board and preparing to take off. It could have been rotor or fixed wing, and I didn't catch the tail#. (I was not aware that Salem Coordination Center had a base radio set up to talk to anyone.) Now I'm wondering if it might have been a radio skip from Washington DNR. I get Wenatchee Fire Center every so often.

Fielder3

Premium Subscriber
Just found out that ODF is using Salem Airport to refuel / reload SEAT (single engine air tankers) Tankers this summer for the Willamette Valley region according to the Statesman Journal newspaper.

mm

The Seats were here at Salem just in time for real deployment for the Silver Falls fire, although it's only 8 to 10 acres it's being a PITA and only air resources have been used at this time.

134.725MHz is Air attack, lead bravo 64, seat's 804 and 827 and helo Bravo82W refueling in Salem.

3 or 4 heavies are back n forth refueling in Redmond and have been active pretty much all day with everyone over the fire very easy copy from my window office on the Turner Rd. side of the airport.

ODF repeaters 151.31, 151.34 and 151.205 are all being used for logistics only with all fire air resources using 134.725.

Right now they are trying to have Epic fuel stay open after hours for refueling as the plan is to keep flying until dark.

Trying to be careful with the heavies so they don't create a mud pit for a critical drainage system near the fire.

Last edited:

dkf435

The 4 engine turbo prop went over Sweet Home south to north at 4:45PM for initial attack and then on the OSP Salem talk group off Green Peter heard them needing manpower for evacuating the horse camp and 180 kids.
151.310 ODF White Net simplex
151.340 ODF Red Net Simplex
151.205 ODF Moalla Dispatch

82Whiskey is the WeyCo Bell twin 212 helicopter out of Eugene flown over the house here many times

David

Status
Not open for further replies.