Portland international Raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptMoore

Does anyone have any ideas of the frequencies that will be in use for the race next week? Indycar hasn’t held an event there in 10 years, and I was trying to get my scanner preprogrammed before the event.

INDYCAR does publish car to pit frequencies (for thst series only, but no others such as the safety team or tv broadcast freqs.

Thanks.

CaptMoore

I am going to close the loop a bit, mostly in case someone searches to find out the frequencies used for the race this year to help them program a scanner for next year.

Thanks for the info. I am new to most of this, and an unfamiliar with UHF DMR. Is that something I can pick up on an analog scanner?

I went to the race track for the practice day, Doing some scanning with my bc125AT, here is what I found.

Indycar officials appear to be on 468.8250

Indycar Radio appears to be on both 455.9875 & 450.8875. In addition, I heard them on 450.9625, but I also heard someone feeding driver bio info and track status over the top (which was then incorporated into the play by play.)

I heard Paul Tracy and others during practice 2 on three frequencies. I assuming these will be used by the nbcsports tv broadcast. All three frequencies sounded the same to me, I am not sure the difference in them. They were 450.2250 450.1375 & 455.4500.

The camera director (at least for the track) was on 455.0625. Technical jargon while the practices were going on about camera changes, joking and other talk before/after.

I couldn’t find any safety team transmissions. On another thread here, someone mentioned the safety team is using UHF DMR radios from Racing Electronics. I am very new, but google said DMR stands for Digital Mobile Radio, so I can't receive it with my analog scanner I believe.

​FYI: I couldn't find any places to rent a scanner or get frequencies today. I assumed that they pretty much always has a shop or two at each race to rent/sell scanners and sell frequency lists, but if there was one I couldn't find it.

CaptMoore

I have a little more info for the race tomorrow, I was at qualifying today.

Tv broadcast (qualifying): I heard director stuff (countdown to commercial) all three frequencies I posted yesterday. In addition, I found one more frequency (with the same issue) on 450.4875. Basically, the last 20 seconds of each segment were blocked by the countdown, otherwise, the rest was good.

I did find a clean broadcast however on 450.5875. I suspect this is the one to listen to tomorrow for the actual race broadcast (if you want to hear the tv announcers call the race.)

Status
Not open for further replies.