State Freq. Activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I was just out at Mount Hood 3 weeks ago and the only thing I got was Timberline Lodge using the CloseCall feature. Well, that and a lot of the local sheriffs and public safety frequencies along the route from Portland. I was hoping to find some of these same frequencies you mention as well as any frequencies that might be used up near Multnomah Falls and other parks in Oregon.

Brian
COMMSCANDSC_0966-EFFECTS.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
BTW, the only time I heard Oregon State Police was when listening to the Oregon State radio system. And I used my GPS unit to autotune as we drove out to Mount Hood. I heard a lot of traffic from Portland, Salem, and the other OSP sites near Portland. But I also felt like I was missing out on a lot of traffic and things like regular traffic stops even. I'm trying to move up to the surrounding area around Portland by the end of this year if I am able to. I noticed that a lot of the TRS users, like Clackamas County, also still use their VHF frequencies as well.

Brian
COMMSCANIMG_1383-2.jpg20180808_175018-EFFECTS.jpg

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
I'm asking about all the state fire, SAR, and law freqs. from these pages:

Oregon - Oregon Common/Shared Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Don't think you're going to hear a ton on those frequencies unless there's a SAR call, large fire, or otherwise big incident requiring a lot of resources from various agencies.

On that page, probably the best bet for hearing something is going to be 155.805 for SAR and 154.280 for fire mutual aid.

Here's more info. on the fire side of things:
https://forums.radioreference.com/oregon-radio-discussion-forum/196222-state-fire-net-154-28-a.html

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
I was just out at Mount Hood 3 weeks ago and the only thing I got was Timberline Lodge using the CloseCall feature. Well, that and a lot of the local sheriffs and public safety frequencies along the route from Portland. I was hoping to find some of these same frequencies you mention as well as any frequencies that might be used up near Multnomah Falls and other parks in Oregon.

Multnomah Falls is in the Columbia Gorge NSA, administered by the USFS. Mount Hood is in the Mount Hood NF, administered by the USFS. If the USFS does have a law enforcement presence, it's going to be pretty minimal. A lot of the work falls onto the shoulders of the applicable Sheriff's Office: Multnomah County SO (Multnomah Falls), Clackamas County SO (west side of Mt. Hood), Hood River County SO (east side of Mt. Hood). Also, in Oregon (AFAIK), the SAR responsibility falls onto the Sheriff first and foremost.

Think we have some SAR folks here on the boards that can probably give better info.

Ore. State Parks have a couple of radio channels in use locally at various parks, but don't believe they have a statewide network. The rangers are not LEOs (though I believe the state was considering it). Law enforcement is going to instead be from OSP or local agencies.

WA State Parks have rangers that *are* LEOs (as does CA).

So, you could wind up with an accident on I-84 in the Gorge or a wildfire that gets a response from the USFS, the local fire department or fire district, OSP, ODOT, and the local Sheriff's Office. There's not any one single agency that handles it all.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
).

...So, you could wind up with an accident on I-84 in the Gorge or a wildfire that gets a response from the USFS, the local fire department or fire district, OSP, ODOT, and the local Sheriff's Office. There's not any one single agency that handles it all.

Thanks for that information. There were two systems I never did hear any traffic on and one was the ODOT TRS, the net might have been the Oregon Statewide Radio Systems, and the other was the LWIN TRS I believe. Is ODOT still on the VHF frequencies or are they using the TRS?

Thanks for the insight.

Would that be similar for the systemwide/common/shared freqs. for Multnomah County and City of Portland? Really only large events would be handled on those freqs.?

Has anyone ever heard an activity on those freqs.?

Thanks.

Movieman990

Beautiful falls !

Are the falls shown above (and below) in the Columbia River Gorge? They look like one set we saw along a stretch of 7 or more falls. Some we had to hike back into....they were all gorgeous but of course the more remote ones had fewer visitors.

Attachments

• falls.jpg
    falls.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the insight.

Would that be similar for the systemwide/common/shared freqs. for Multnomah County and City of Portland? Really only large events would be handled on those freqs.?

Has anyone ever heard an activity on those freqs.?

Thanks.

Right -- everyone is pretty much in their own agency's sandbox unless there's a need to communicate during a planned event, disaster, larger incident, drill, etc.

Yes -- for example, like a water rescue on the interop TG's (Wash. / Clack. / Mult. A, B, C). The incident might be initially dispatched on a fire TG, but as other resources show up (from neighboring agencies and neighboring counties), you've got fire, medical, and law enforcement all on the same TG once they're on scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.