NXDN-Provoice-DMR in Willamette Valley and Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

juerling

Has anyone upgraded there scanner for NXDN, Pro voice and or DMR in Willamette Valley and/or Portland area?
If so has it added any Public Safety channels or is it mostly RR and Business channels? Thanks.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
When I was up there 2 years ago at this exact time, I didn't really hear a lot on my 436HP. I had all three keys and I believe there was a Nike Warehouse or manufacturing facility or something like that out close to Wilsonville that had a DMR talk group but I didn't notice any Provoice. And I take that back, the NXDN key / capability was not even around yet so I can't speak for that back then.

I just got back 2 months ago from Wilsonville again and I don't think I heard anything on any of the three system types on my 436 or my 100. I did have 99.9% public safety programming in the scanners this time and I wasn't really concentrating on any of the other businesses or types of systems using any of those three keys which I had in both radios.

I know that there are users up there in the Portland area using those types of systems but I don't know if any public safety is? I don't live there just yet so I know I may not be much help. But that's my report from about a month's worth of monitoring during two different times...

Brian
COMMSCAN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Woodburn Police have been NXDN for several years now. That is the only public safety agency I'm aware of using digital formats other than p25.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Now that I think about, Marion County must be the most interop challenged county in the state. It has public safety systems on analog UHF, analog VHF, analog 800MHz Motorola type II trunking, NXDN, and of course the State Police are now on a p25 phase II trunked system. I think that at one time they even had an LTR system. Whew! Ya do need a pretty fancy scanner for all that!

dkf435

Sweet Home Public Works 156.000 is DMR and have not checked, but the Sweet Home School District is either DMR or NXDN. Also been running the Home Patrol 2 on the Green Peter 700 Oregon Radio Project site and Sweet Home Police P25/ analog and now Lebanon Police analog are being patched over on that system. Will need to listen to the Discovery recordings for the talk groups but have logged 22 active so far. A good number of my radios have DMR, DMR/NXDN, and one 436 I got off Ebay has DMR,NXDN & Pro voice keys.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.