Adams County - p25 Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
I see on the Adams County database page that there is information regarding a P25 800mhz radio system that is "well under construction" for the county. Does anyone have any information on this? Which vendor they chose, or if any of the system sites listed are simulcast. I can't imagine that the entire county is covered well with only four towers.

K3ONW

Adams County Has Had A 800mhz License For 3-4-5 Years ? But Does Not Have
The Money To Begin Construction.... Unless Someone Finds A Nice Grant, The
License Will Probally Expire. The Only Thing Completed Was The Engineering Study And The License Application.....

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
The database page has updates that the system is under construction as of December 07 (updated by a reliable source). Just thought they had finally found money.

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
I have it from a good source that Adams county bought Lower Allen Township's trunked system equipment for their county system.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Mattsenft said:
I have it from a good source that Adams county bought Lower Allen Township's trunked system equipment for their county system.

Well I assume that Lower Allen's system was a single site, so that should be enough equipment for Adams to cover about 1/8 of the county. And Lower Allen's stuff was all analog, so I guess that means Adams is starting out behind the P25 eight ball. They are better off keeping what they've got until they can afford to do it right! Or maybe they are just planning on using this used gear to establish an NPSPAC tower. I shouldn't be so pessimistic!

medic228

Adams does not have enough 800 Freq's for full system. Consultant that was brought in has suggested a T Band (UHF) trunk system, And that is the way looks like they are going to go. County has meeting of "radio group" soon that will move things in that direction..... Low Band's had it's day....

medic228

800mhz is coming to Adams County

Radio Comittee was told New System will be 800mhz or 800mhz with 700mhz overlay. County has placed some Used 800mhz it purchased on the air as not to loose the license / freq. it already has. Time line is set for 36 months from Jan 2009 to have system in place and turned over to county (6 month testing / transition included).

scollier

Wow Gettysburg is still using 45mhz. Last time I listened was 15 years ago on vacation. any online scanners avaiable?

Thanks,
shawn

Radio Comittee was told New System will be 800mhz or 800mhz with 700mhz overlay. County has placed some Used 800mhz it purchased on the air as not to loose the license / freq. it already has. Time line is set for 36 months from Jan 2009 to have system in place and turned over to county (6 month testing / transition included).

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
I cant wait for the 800mhz system to fail in Adams County, that is not what they need. UHF-T or VHF would have been the better choice.

Good Luck Adams!

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
800 MHz

As of last week, Adams is looking for 800 MHz to build out their new P25 system.. Manufacture is still to be determined..

scollier

Interoperability is one of the key words for a planned upgrade to the Adams County 911 communications system, according to county Emergency Services Director John Eline.
County to upgrade emergency radios - Gettysburgtimes.com: Local News

So how is the system coming now a days? Ya think with all the tourism $$$$$s they bring in with Gburg, they could scrounge up the moola!

I haven't been there since summer of 93 either. Funny call I heard, was family sleeping in back stairwell of hotel. LOL

shawn

PS. Watch out for enc.

Im biased,so.... GO HARRIS!

I don't think Harris even bid Adams County. I heard somewhere that they felt that the Big Bat Winged entitiy already had it in the bag so why bother?

Arinc submitted a bid for Adams but the recent newpaper article about the board recommending Moto makes it sound like Moto was already in the bag. Harris must have known something that Arinc did not.

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
Wow, they're jumping from low band right up to P25 down there? We visit twice a year to visit relatives and to me, anyway, there isn't all that much activity. (I'm not there that often, but I hear more from Harrisburg and York by far.) seems that would be quite the waste of cash.

Wow, they're jumping from low band right up to P25 down there? We visit twice a year to visit relatives and to me, anyway, there isn't all that much activity. (I'm not there that often, but I hear more from Harrisburg and York by far.) seems that would be quite the waste of cash.
Is it possible that the reason you hear very little is because Adams county is using the Pennsylvania Open-scam system?

Status
Not open for further replies.