Pa Starnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

armymp813

Does anyone out there have a list of the new frequencies for PSP. I know they are trunked and 821-869 mhz but man my FCC search is driving me mad. I just want to know by Troop or region what Freqs they are using, for example Troop G is my area and I would like to listen to them again, but!!!!!!!!!

chankel

Premium Subscriber
Some troops are still presently using their legacy VHF channels. There is little point in knowing what OpenScam frequencies are used by a particular troop or tower(s) in that troop's coverage area, as OpenScam cannot be monitored by any scanner currently on the market, or anticipated to be on the market. The only way to monitor OpenScam is to have a properly configured 'Scam radio.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Unless you work for an agency of the Commonwealth or a third party entity who has signed on to use the system, there is no way to get an OpenSky radio that can even monitor the system. And, even if you have a radio, that does not mean you're going to be able to have whatever talkgroups you want in the thing.

Unlike trunking systems we are all more familiar with, you cannot just program a commercial radio with the right talkgroups and frequencies. Every time a radio on the PA STARNet system is turned on, it affiliates with the system. If the radio is not authorized to be on the system, no dice. Some agencies even require individual end user login when you turn on the radio. This allows a user to pick up any radio, turn it on, login, and then have their custom channel profile available on that radio. Some agencies have a standard statewide channel plan.

We're all in the same boat, unfortunately. Sucks, but there's not much we can do about it.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Whtm

WHTM TV in Harrisburg has an Open Sky radio to listen to stuff in Cumberland County---I don't know the status of them getting the radio programmed for state listings.

Status
Not open for further replies.