City of Bethlehem, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

unit417

switched to Motorola Digital System today Sept 03, 2009. Old trunking system is still running, might hear Lehigh, Moravian and Bethlehem Area School Security, don't know if they made the switch. Anybody got the list of digital frequencies?? Think they will be from Sys 1 trunking, but one step lower??? Anyhow, also looks PA State Police Troop M has switched to their Opensky System, VHF frequencies have gone quiet except for Philadelphia and on a fire call the other morning the trooper was not carrying a Saber portable. Maybe the hole state will switch before 2013!!!!!

bezking

Moved to the PA Forum. Unit417, in the future, please try to post in the correct forum. Posts specific to your location should be posted in your state forum.

w3wor

Need this info quick. I am searching but then again I have no idea if I would hear voice by doing a normal search. I have two digital scanners but I am not sure if I have to program it a certain way to hear the voice with this new system. Not even sure how to program this new system. I have the software and there are rebanding tools. Tried those with the old freqs but no luck. Any help or pointing me to the right thread would be greatly appreciated. If I can help with searching, let me know.

Steveradio

Looks like it, They added a few frequencies in the 850Mhz range.

Its chepaer to do a modification of license than to get a new license.

I will plug them in and see what happens, someone told me they will be getting new portable radios with GPS capable system and everthing else. Unknown if they are just telling them to scare the workers or if they are getting all the bells and whistles right away?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I've been monitoring all the freqs and I do get a control channel, but thats it. I'm not hearing anything (analog or digital).

w3wor

I found a control channel: 854.9875 but I tried doing the rebanding through my software - nothing...

w3wor

Also: Is Bethlehem's new system digital? Do I need to use a 'digital' scanner? Is is APCO25? I have two digital APCO 25 scanners - and yes that is what I'm using but just wondered if anyone knew if I only my digital scanners will work with this new system...

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I'm monitoring all the freqs conventionally and I am not getting anything. I'm wondering if there is another system out there that they moved to. Maybe 700Mhz?

w3wor

I plugged the frequencies in every way possible, tried monitoring apco 25, rebanded 800, etc...nothing.

w3wor

I have a scanner with signal stalker and a freq counter. I may take a ride over to their transmitter or pass by a police car.

w3wor

I just heard a 2 way PD conversation on 851.800. I recognized the PD dispatcher's voice - Bethlehem PD....

w3wor

Heard one side of comms from what sounded like Street Dept, but they talked about Church and Linden. We do have a Church and Linden downtown by the river...

The freq. was: 911.600 5 by 5

BTW I live in Bethlehem.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
This is a P25 trunk system. This control channel is 853.800. I came across this a few weeks ago and didn't recognize it as a P25 control channel.

w3wor

Is this Bethlehem? Should I program this freq in and make it P25? Do I still need to click on Rebanded 800mhz?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Yes, this is going to require a band plan. I don't know what those entries are just yet.

Looks like PD 1 is tgid 77, have also seen activity on 55 and 4001.

w3wor

I plugged that cc in. Did P25AUTO under TYPE in the Win500 software - Got a '500' unit, then got Bethlehem PD Dispatch! That's it - thanks.....I did not program it as a 'Custom' Trunking Table in that software. Hearing two way BPD dispatch, recognize the 300 series units (police) and the dispatcher's voice. Kinda sad I recognize the dispatcher's voice. Now hearing 'Base to 275'.....Well now I don't have to go downtown with a freq counter.......I will plug in the talkgroups tonight and get back to normal...

w3wor

Also, you can hear the difference - kind of 'echoey'. ---digital sound I guess...
And to confirm - hearing PD and EMS and some '500' series units - don't know who they are....I just have the wildcard in......

Status
Not open for further replies.