interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter1301

i just got my new scanner ..gre psr-200..i live cambria county (cresson).
i only listen to railroad communications (4 frequencies) i am getting horrible interference from what i believe to be a contractor on 2 way radio it sounds like a phone constantly ringing and static for 10 seconds then i hear 2 guys talking about the work being done its blocking my railroad comm's.
Any one know what it is and how to stop it ?

Audiodave1

Database Admin
We will need a bit more info. Channels you are listening to, Type of antenna, city, county and a nearby street address.

Is this interference just on weekdays? You know, 9-5 type company on the system or all around the clock.

Dave

skeeter1301

hey audiodave1,
my freqs are 160.800 - 160.845 - 161.070 - 160.785
antenna is - dpd ( the blade) tuned to 160 to 161 mhz (vhf railroad)
gain is - 3 dbi
cresson, pa - cambria county
it happens at random. i finnaly know what it is other night at midnight it said - k3smt repeater and its 12:00am.
i did some research its from somerset ham radio club freq - 147.23
i dont understand why it coming over my 160 freq's it doesnt seem to be as bad with the small antenne that came with scanner.
is there some way to filter it or block it ?

Tommahawk

I am just going to take a guess here..... But the interference that you are listening to may be a harmonic frequency of what you are listening to. I am willing to bet that it is!!! You'll have to get a filter to null out the ham band.....

Last edited:

sta1235

Premium Subscriber
I had the same thing with my RS Pro-2017 with the RS discone ant. drove me nuts for a while till i finaly figured it out. It was on all my 150-155 freq. . Finaly was able to catch the K3SMT clear enough to make it out, then searched for the call sign.

I just switched to a GRE PSR-400 and put all PL's in and have'nt heard them on it, but still hear then on the 2017 with the stock ant.. Just have to turn the squelch up till it goes away.

I have them in the 400 as 147.375 J'town RPTR (at airport) and 443.250 UHF. In My Ham bank

Is this there web site.

SCARC Hamfest

skeeter1301

yea thats their web-site..
i've tried every thing to eliminate the repeater noise .the stock antenna and my railroad antenna both get it..its a pain the butt i am going to get a different base scanner i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.