MontCo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillVette

Can someone tell me if the data base is correct for the departments that are now being dispatched by the county, such as Horsham??? Thanks in advance.

WGVFC166

Feed Provider
MontCo Answer

Yes, it is correct--158.35500 is the current dispatch frequency for most of the county now. 154.13000 is the former dispatch frequency, which with the exception of the Abington departments and a handful of others, has been abandoned. All these remaining departments should be switching soon, but I don't know exactly when.

The trunked system information should also be up to date as well.

BillVette

Thanks for the quick response, I wasn't sure if things had change with Horsham being dispatched by the county now. Again thanks. Bill

jjimenez01

Premium Subscriber
I forgot where I saw this and I apologize to the original poster but here are the proposed new police regions. I've added a small update at the bottom about Lower Merion PD

*PD Region 1* (Formally North-West)
Hatfield
Lower Salford
Franconia
Souderton
Telford
Lower Frederick
Marlborough
Upper Perkiomen District

*PD Region 2* (Formally South-West)
Upper Providence
Collegeville
Limerick
Royersford
Lower Pottsgrove
New Hanover
Douglass
Upper Pottsgrove
West Pottsgrove

*PD Region 3* (Formally North-Central)
Lower Gwynedd
Upper Gwynedd
North Wales
Lansdale
Towamencin
Montgomveryville (To be added in the near future)

*PD Region 4* (Formally South-East)
West Conshohocken
Conshohocken
Ambler
Whitpain
East Norriton
West Norriton
Bridgeport
Valley Forge Park

*PD Region 5* (Formally North-East)
Lower Moreland
Upper Moreland
Bryn Athyn
Hatboro
Horsham

*PD Region 6*
Cheltenham

*PD Region 7*
Springfield
Whitemarsh
Plymouth

*PD Region 8*
Norristown

*PD Region 9*
Abington
Rockledge
Jenkintown

*PD Region 10*
Lower Merion (February 2012)

Upper Dublin - Own Talkgroup
Upper Merion - Own Talkgroup
Pottstown - Own Talkgroup

JJ

jjimenez01

Premium Subscriber
Ben,
That's the question everyone is asking. But at this time no one has any answers. UMPD could be left on its own or grouped with Bridgeport, VFNP etc. If so does encryption remain? All surrounding agencies that border Upper Merion already have XTS5000 portables with the encryption key already loaded. They would need to purchase the proper mobiles.

I received word earlier this week that the Ambulance Association received a proposed SOG from the County to use VHF paging for EMS companies. The major highlight is dispatches will be spoken once and not repeated by the dispatcher. Testing with select EMS companies could happen soon.

JJ

Last edited:

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if the upgrade currently in the planning stages includes a switch to P25 phase 2?

jjimenez01

Premium Subscriber
The proposed system to the county commissioners was a P25 Phase II for police talkgroups and P25 Phase I for Fire and EMS. That proposal fell through for various reasons and has been sent back to the drawing board. Chester Counties RFP states a Phase I system with migration to Phase II

JJ

SCPD

QRT
WHAT I said in the past posts!! Montco Cant get its **** together !1 wanting to buy a new radio system with a concept idea an the whole thing blows up in their face! ha!!ha!!! (what a joke )

Q-ball

From the looks of it as well as what Ben Russell had said, i better hold off on buying a new radio of any kind until montco. gets its eggs in one basket with what they are going to do...no?

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Something going on with region 7/7A?

Has something changed very recently? I haven't been listening continuously, but the times I've had the scanner on since early last night, I've only heard 44 units on 7/7A. Haven't heard any Springfield units.

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Naturally I spoke too soon. Ten minutes after I posted this I heard a 28 unit on 7A. Guess they just weren't very busy. Smallest township in the county, so no surprise I suppose.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
so what you are saying about chester co P25 phase2 system is it will start out as p-25 phase 1 and then in a year or two go to phase 2 or will it be a hybrid system of 1 and 2 what about enc ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.