Blair County Digital Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHAWMAN24

i was reading an article online today on altoonamirror.com that was talking about Blair County 911 starting a $1million upgrade on their communications system. It said that fire and ems will upgrade their radios and pagers to digital which will enable them to have clearer voice tones and allowing transmission of data and will allow them to communicate more easily among themselves in the field. they are planning an $8million upgrade to the 911 centers communications . 169 vehicle radios, 442 portable radios and 287 pagers will be purchased. Does anyone know if this will be a similar system to what Bedford County has just implimented? When i first heard of this upgrade last summer i was told that the frequencies would remain the same and that it was an upgrade for the FCC mandated narrowbanding rules, but the way it sounds they are changing things all around which means i may have to break down and get a new scanner if the Blair System is no longer going to be Analog. I was told that they are adding a couple new tower sites and replacing a tower on Dunnings Mountain with a new one. Anyone have any further info or clarification about this upgrade????

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
Look under the PA thread a little more. Someone just recently posted about Blair's new frequencies and whatnot and it appears as if Blair as put in for new frequencies and new locations including using Centre County's tower in Port Matilda and a tower in Huntingdon Borough? I'm not sure of the system that was chosen but I did read about P25 somewhere.

CHAWMAN24

seen on tuesday that they have placed a new tower right beside the old south tower on Dunnings Mountain. The new one appears to be twice as high and alot bigger than the existing one.the added height may help improve radio reception in the southern end of the county

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Updates ?

Anyone have any updates on Blair's new system ? I know several towers have been constructed, other than that there has been no news, at least from my source's

Status
Not open for further replies.