RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum

Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Pennsylvania.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 7:59 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydjdan View Post
Those are all unknown to me. They must be newly added agencies, as they do not match up to my original channel mapping from the old system. I do know that either Center City District or University District as well as Housing Police and Parking Authority are supposed to be joining the new system, and were not on the old system.
I know TGRP 1001 is Housing Police cars are "96xx". I'll just have to keep listening to try to figure it out. Thanks for your response.
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2013, 9:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydjdan View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; ZTE-N910 Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Byker, since airport pd i believe affiliates with zone 1, you wont hear them on the police zone (zone 2). You would have to monitor the fire/municipal zone (zone 1) for them. If you programmed your zones seperately, just enable the fire scan list and you should hear them.
Thanks, I tried a few things but with zone one on I get a lot of stuff I don't want. You'd think they'd have all police on the same zone.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm022222 View Post
I've got PHL-Police as Talk Group 281. I do believe 119 is Narcs Strike Force because most broadcasts are scrambled.
My bad. You are correct. I was looking at a list and was reading the Hex instead of Decimal.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I have few more unidentified talk groups. Here are all the ones I have received: 903, 817, 815, 547, 539, 265, 615 and 93. If anyone knows what these talk groups are for please post it will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Byker, Airport police falls under airport control, not Philadelphia police control, thus the reason it is not carried on the police system. Same reason Housing police, SEPTA police, school police, etc are not on the police system. School police fall under school district control, and are carried on zone 1

JRM, I sent you A PM...
Old 01-19-2013, 8:20 AM

Location: monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and bearcat 560xlt

the parking authority will not be joining the new system anytime soon if it all i know that for a fact from someone witn inside knowledge of the ppa and their radio system.
Old 01-19-2013, 8:25 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

That could very well be true, and I certainly believe it. It is entirely possible that the system administrator added talkgroups to the system for when they do make the switch, whether it is tomorrow of 3 years from now. If there are any hits on those talkgroups, it is possible that they are only radio techs doing testing on them. Remember, they want this system to be future-proof, so I am willing to bet they have set aside new talkgroups for all the users I mentioned previously (except SEPTA police, of course).
Old 01-19-2013, 1:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I just wanted to put this out there for everyone to consider. I would highly recommend that we do not post the sensitive Philly talkgroups in the database and remove the ones that have been posted. For those of you that are new to the Philly system and may not be aware of it, there has been a long-standing agreement between us and the Philly PD about not posting sensitive information regarding the radio system. Most importantly for their safety, we have to remember that this is just a hobby for us, but it is there lives that they risk for us each day. I'm sure that any of us out there that are current for former LEOs, can understand this. Some of us have already received calls from 8th & Race regarding this, so I hope that everyone will consider this message. The Philly PD have the ability to encrypt the entire system at any given time, but have chosen not to. I hope that we will respect their wishes.

Take Care,

Rich C
Old 01-19-2013, 4:19 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Rich,

You make a good point. I've been going with the gusto in regards to the new system, and kinda lost sight of that aspect. While I have shared the complete list with people off-board, I have to agree that publicly publishing the sensitive police channels would not be a good idea. I would ask that the administrators not add those particular channels to the database. I have forwarded a complete list to an administrator here, and hopefully he will just add the municipal and misc city services channels. There are many TGs not published that are not police-related, so adding those would not be detrimental to the police, and would help our readers and scanner users.
Old 01-19-2013, 8:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Since I'm new at scanning w/digital, I would like to know which talk groups are classified as sensitive? I apologize if this is a stupid question.
Old 01-19-2013, 9:39 PM

PHL has migrated. Airport PPD, ARFF PFD/Medic and emergency disptaches are on the Emergency 1 talk group (285)

Also, playing with the 996XT with updated firmware......my reception seems degraded from the original trunked system (I am in lower Delco near Del State line with a good rooftop antenna and cable)

P25 adjust level at 11 or 8...I can't tell if there is a difference..I'll have to play with this in AM...set at 7 and no reception....any one with a 996XT have any luck fine tuning?

Also, I originally scanned all of the control channels...any reason to do so....or should I only input geographically closest?

Last edited by pdw911; 01-19-2013 at 9:41 PM..
Old 01-19-2013, 10:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw911 View Post
PHL has migrated. Airport PPD, ARFF PFD/Medic and emergency disptaches are on the Emergency 1 talk group (285)

Also, playing with the 996XT with updated firmware......my reception seems degraded from the original trunked system (I am in lower Delco near Del State line with a good rooftop antenna and cable)

P25 adjust level at 11 or 8...I can't tell if there is a difference..I'll have to play with this in AM...set at 7 and no reception....any one with a 996XT have any luck fine tuning?

Also, I originally scanned all of the control channels...any reason to do so....or should I only input geographically closest?
I haven't tried my 996T yet, but even on the old system I could hardly get reception with it. As for my PSR-500 & 800, I received the old system perfectly, but now with the new system I have completed lost reception from my home. They work fine in the car less than 1/4 mile away, but not until I go over a hill near my house. My only hope now is move my attic mounted antenna and hope for the best. Otherwise, I'll only be able to listen away from home.

Hope this helps,

Rich C
Old 01-20-2013, 12:34 PM

Default Sensitive Groups.

I support this,

The standing feeling has been,and still is the sensitive groups in the RRDB should be omitted.

JoeC's guide had the full lineup and for years we had access to monitor with a very rigid understanding.

it will not take much for the radios to all go quiet,and once they do its forever.

for the long term access for all.with a radio and a wildcard you can hear them,and then youll have them.

lets take a poll if we need to..Democracy!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgchristy View Post
I just wanted to put this out there for everyone to consider. I would highly recommend that we do not post the sensitive Philly talkgroups in the database and remove the ones that have been posted. For those of you that are new to the Philly system and may not be aware of it, there has been a long-standing agreement between us and the Philly PD about not posting sensitive information regarding the radio system. Most importantly for their safety, we have to remember that this is just a hobby for us, but it is there lives that they risk for us each day. I'm sure that any of us out there that are current for former LEOs, can understand this. Some of us have already received calls from 8th & Race regarding this, so I hope that everyone will consider this message. The Philly PD have the ability to encrypt the entire system at any given time, but have chosen not to. I hope that we will respect their wishes.

Take Care,

Rich C
Agreed.
Old 01-20-2013, 2:26 PM

I have my pro 96 picking up PD and FD transmissions with seemingly no problems. A small bit of static, but thats all.
Old 01-20-2013, 2:29 PM

Anyone have luck getting a BC796D to work on this new system? I've gotten all Radioshack Pro 18, 96, 106, 106, 197, 2096, Grecom psr-500, psr-800, uniden T and XT models but no matter what I can't get the BC796D to work. Ive heard from multiple wreck chasers they wont work but Ive got the frequencies and talkgroups programmed but not familiar with the correct settings. I am using Arc250 and did a RR web import.
Old 01-20-2013, 2:33 PM

I have my pro 96 picking up PD and FD transmissions with seemingly no problems. A small bit of static, but thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post

Thanks, I know most of their terms, like doer, who else uses that, just couldn't figure out the RTF.
Well, doer simply means person who is commiting a crime. It is usually used in "known doer" as in, if my friend was breaking into my house, I would say he's a know doer.

Unfounded was a word that I had never heard used before, but turns out to be used very often by PPD and by more advanced professions like lawyers. "the complaintants claims of theft were completely unfounded against my client". In PPD it simply means that the call wasnt true, correct.
Old 01-20-2013, 2:59 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default 396T

The Uniden 396T works with the new system for now. I would also expect the 996T to work also. You will need the latest firmware update which came out several years ago. I believe it is 3.02.02. Only problem I am having is that it is not scanning both systems if you put them into one bank. I'll try to put the two systems in separately and see it that works. It does receive both systems however. Will work on my 2096 next and see if I can get that working. For the 369T you need to program the system again with a P25 option and set up the tables using the base freqs.
Old 01-20-2013, 3:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessek14 View Post

Well, doer simply means person who is commiting a crime. It is usually used in "known doer" as in, if my friend was breaking into my house, I would say he's a know doer.

Unfounded was a word that I had never heard used before, but turns out to be used very often by PPD and by more advanced professions like lawyers. "the complaintants claims of theft were completely unfounded against my client". In PPD it simply means that the call wasnt true, correct.
Thanks again, I was pointing out that I knew what doer was just don't hear anyone else use it. I know all the PPD jargon except the RTF that you explained.

That said a few of my local town PD's (DELCO) use a good one to describe someone, NFG, no f***ing good.
Old 01-20-2013, 3:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Anyone know if the Marine Unit and Air Unit have a special channel or do they operate on whatever district they're in, or maybe M or J band?