Philly 800mhz System Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASFlies

FYI,

I work for a city agency, and we received an email from our radio people that our existing portables/mobiles are being upgraded during the remainder of the month of October with the new frequencies/talkgroups. Deadline is November 15th, with an expected cutover to the new system in January 2013.

Haven't seen too much about this lately, so figured I would chime in what I've heard.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Is there much activity on the new system? Are the patched talkgroups from the old system regularly active on the new system? If not, at what times will they be patched over. Has anyone heard anything on the system with their PSR 800?

phillydjdan

I've heard it on my PSR-800. The patched channels are sporadic, and might not even be taking place anymore. They would do one or two at a time for a couple days mostly during the daytime, then shut them off again. I have not given it a listen lately, though. Guess I should huh? lol I'm seeing a lot of talk about tables, is there anything I need to change for the Philly P25 system since I did the upgrade?

Last edited:
I've heard it on my PSR-800. The patched channels are sporadic, and might not even be taking place anymore.

Ive noticed it too..or noticed the absence of traffic..

there is alot of radio testing going on all over the city,
and on a sp-ops band...lots of testing of portables..and
lots of radio checks by district dispatchers of the
-Back Up- system..

way more than usual,and more frequent than anything ive
heard in a few years.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SCH-R720 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yeah, ive been hearing radio maint doing radio checks on the fire bands, asking for the radio alias and testing the emergency open mic, etc. Sounds like they are programming the new radios to work on both systems so they can be deployed before the switchover. I have to go back and check my recordings on the psr800 and see if there has been any actvity.

yeah,,was curious if its been occurring on the fire side..same tech,,testing,,12345..testing...
then to the next radio..repetitive..but good light cardio..curling the portables all day..

phillydjdan

Yessir! I've been letting my PSR-800 run the new system all week, and not a peep, unless my settings are now incorrect with the firmware update.

phillydjdan

I'm not clear on what you're saying. I SHOULD revert mine back? The update does nor does not change the settings required for the new system? Or am I good to go?

Not sure myself,the PPDs new system has been real quiet,but im not sure if its the update that altered the settings or if the new system is just idle..personally im glad to know the option is there to revert the firmware..just in case.

phillydjdan

Ok, gotcha. I will keep mine on both zones and recording, so I will report back if there is any activity on known TGs or wildcards.

Status
Not open for further replies.