Washington county - ems uhf link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the Washington County EMS UHF link of 467.3875 MHz is silent. Does anyone know if it has been eliminated or has the link moved to another frequency? I am doing scan searches of all bands on my analog scanners and have found no new links as of yet.

wingmaker

Are you able to monitor it on 155.295 or is it to far and that is why you needed the uhf link? LOVE AND BLESSINGS

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
On the TriConnex MotorTRBO wide area trunked system I've been hearing ambulance activity off of the Washington Co site.

Group 36 is the talkgroup

I've heard mention of 'medic 6', 'medic 8', as well as pickup/dropoff at MC Peters and MC Mon Valley.

I also heard some reference to ?VNA? or ?D&A?.

If this sounds like WashCo EMS traffic, then you probably arne't hearing it on the UHF link anymore because they are on the TRBO system.

If the agency I'm describing is not Washco EMS, then it is some other EMS serving Washington Co area.

Mike

mule1075

Feed Provider
Might be Transcare with those unit numbers you mentioned Mike they are not dispatched by the county.will have to see if i can dig anything up on what is going on.If i come up with anything i will post it here.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Might be Transcare with those unit numbers you mentioned Mike they are not dispatched by the county.will have to see if i can dig anything up on what is going on.If i come up with anything i will post it here.

Thanks Adam. I appreciate that. I didn't know who all ran ambulance in WashCo, and I wasn't going to post about it because it likely isn't that important to anyone. But when I saw this come up, it had me wondering if I was hearing WashCo.

Apparently not. So, to the original poster, this isn't the reason why you aren't hearing the UHF link.

I'll plug the UHF link in and see if I'm hearing anything.

Mike

mule1075

Feed Provider
No problem at all i have not heard anything on it all day and i have also not heard anything on the vhf today either come to think of it now.So i dont really know what is going on.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Um doh the reason i was not hearing anything on vhf is i had it locked out.Losing my mind Mike LOL.Still will keep listening for it on uhf.

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
Washington County EMS UHF Link

I do receive the 155.295 MHz frequency but since my older analog scanners do not have PL capability I hear "from everywhere" (i.e. Harrison County in Ohio and I believe Westmoreland County in PA). I am considering purchasing the Uniden Digital Mobile Scanner with 25,000 Channels and GPS Support (BCD996XT). Would it decode the TriConnex MotorTRBO wide area trunked system (which seems to be exactly where the link went)? If not, I was wondering which model of scanner would. Thanks for all the comebacks.

View and share related images

Uniden Digital Mobile Scanner with 25,000 Channels and GPS Support (BCD996XT)

talviar

I do receive the 155.295 MHz frequency but since my older analog scanners do not have PL capability I hear "from everywhere" (i.e. Harrison County in Ohio and I believe Westmoreland County in PA).

Nope not Westmoreland. . . .

You are picking up my transmitter here in Fayette. . . . .
Got to love putting a 100 Watt base station on the top of a mountain!

We pick up way too much at the 911 Center on that base in carrier squelch mode!

Tony

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, for the info. That is why I liked monitoring from the UHF remote link. For most of the 911 calls on 155.295 I only hear the base not the mobiles but the remote link was two-way anywhere in the county and only Washington County. I agree that Washington County has a lot of ems calls but so does Harrison County in Ohio. I guess most things are going to change because of the FCC narrowband regulation that is about to go into affect. That is why I am going to have to upgrade my scanner to a newer model. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of digital systems that cannot be monitored but at least I will have pl functions as well as narrow-banding. I just hope that some of these newer digital systems can be monitored after either a firmware update to the scanner or perhaps a newer model that will cover it. Also, got to hope they all do not go to digital scrambling. Monitoring isn;t what it use to be when all I had to do was order frequency crystals for my Radio Shack Pro 77A and be content.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
transcare id's there units as 94xx just like on there trucks. Not sure whom that would be. I believe the UHF link is part of ft cherry ambulance and Ive never been able to find a license for it so I assume it is unlicensed.

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find a license for 467.3875 MHz either. I thought maybe it was part of the arsenal of frequencies a local communication company might have that provides the communications for the county. It seems that most radio communications in Washington County are serviced by Crystal Sound; Staley Communications or Lauttamus Communications. It also appears that they are favoring digital communications (if my analog scanners are an indicator).

JChabalie

Probably a little off topic, but my fire department just made the switch over to the Zone 2 Fire channel from the Zone 2A Fire channel. It is such a pain to listen to because you can't hear half of the units talking depending on which tower they are hitting. We can barely hear our mutual aid company in the same township depending on their location. I'm a dispatcher for Allegheny County 911 so I'm used to being able to hear any unit that is transmitting on a given channel. I can't figure out why they set their system up this way. You would think that they would want everyone thats on the same channel to be able to hear each other so we don't walk on each other.

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
I agree with what you are saying. I liked monitoring the UHF link to the 155.295 MHz EMS because it allowed for two-way listening anywhere in the county. Currently, I am monitoring all on older analog scanners and am discovering a gradual but quickening transition over to digital. I don't know for sure whether that is what happened to the EMS link or whether or not it was totally disconnected or just the remote link "in my neck of the woods". In the near future, I am going to get a digital scanner but am not sure exactly what it will decode until I get it and try it out. out my way my fire department is still on 46.40 MHz but also has acquired the VHF-Hi band radio.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Mike,

I think I was hearing 54xx callsigns on there. That would be Ambulance and Chair out of city of washington. Might be using that for their non emergency tranffic / transfers.

Frank

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mike,

I think I was hearing 54xx callsigns on there. That would be Ambulance and Chair out of city of washington. Might be using that for their non emergency tranffic / transfers.

Frank

Frank. I guess that's certainly possible. During the times I monitored, I never heard any 54xx stuff. Only "Medic 6, Medic 8" kind of traffic. I haven't listened to it since I reported it. It's really a pain in the ars, as you know, to listen to the TRBO traffic since it jumps around from one freq to another. I usually have limited patience for listening.

I might try to tune in and listen some more over the weekend.

Mike

Chillybilly

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate the info, mule1075. I really prefer the link over the actual 155.295 frequency because of its two-way monitoring and only Washington County. I guess it might have been down in preparation for the vhf swithover to narrow band transmissions but do not know that as a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.