BC355N Capable of scanning Dauphin County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

Background. I used to live in Cumberland County which used VHF/UHF for many years. Scanning was my hobby until they switched to OpenSky. I sold most of my scanners except one (PRO-2014). I now live in Perry County and monitor PD/fire/EMS using my 2014.

I want to get a mobile and am looking at a BC355N. I want to also monitor Dauphin County because that's where I work. Is the 535N capable of scanning Dauphin County's system? I know NOTHING about trunking and talk groups as I never lived anywhere where I had to do it. If not, I will probably just stick with a cheaper scanner and monitor Perry County's VHF frequencies.

Thanks!
Dave

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
As I told you in your other thread, no...the BC355N is not a trunking capable scanner.

Dauphin's system is digital, so you will need a digital scanner if you intend on listening to it.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
You can monitor most Cumberland County fire and ems calls using one or all of the following EMS - 462.975 , FIRE - 46.06 is still used but a weaker signal so I use 460.575 to listen in to fire activity. As far as I know there is no way to listen to any PD traffic ............

bonk83

the bc355n will be good for vhf/uhf since it can narrowband it has also 800mhz it must be for analog i don't really know

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
You can monitor most Cumberland County fire and ems calls using one or all of the following EMS - 462.975 , FIRE - 46.06 is still used but a weaker signal so I use 460.575 to listen in to fire activity. As far as I know there is no way to listen to any PD traffic ............

How is 460.575 used? For what purpose?

dmg1969

I don't monitor Cumberland's EMS, but I do hear bleedover from 46.06. It is one of the freqs used by Perry and I do hear dispatches for Cumberland. I can still recognize the voices of the dispatchers from when I did monitor Cumberland. I may have to put it in my home scanner and also the mobile when I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.