Upgraded philadelphia trs reprogramming q&a here

Status
Not open for further replies.

vito123

Vito
Premium Subscriber
Hi, I downloaded RR new freq's into my RS pro 2096 (the type II P25 system) and set system to Mot, and 3600 table to normal and 9600 table to normal, I tried setting the different systems to custom tables, but the only way it worked was by setting 3600 and 9600 table to normal, signal strength is less but it is usable in this setup. I don't have a pro 96 to try this on but it still should work? ( I used the win96 software) I don't know if other software will work but the win96 software is working fine for me!
does anyone have a fix for home patrol?

usng, pro2096, Home Patrol, and 996XT.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; ZTE-N910 Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I tried that with my pro96, and while it tried to track the system, it just wouldnt do it. Ive tried 2 different custom tables also, and nothing. It appears that the control channel may be deaf or off frequency...

NUGEN

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I downloaded RR new freq's into my RS pro 2096 (the type II P25 system) and set system to Mot, and 3600 table to normal and 9600 table to normal, I tried setting the different systems to custom tables, but the only way it worked was by setting 3600 and 9600 table to normal, signal strength is less but it is usable in this setup. I don't have a pro 96 to try this on but it still should work? ( I used the win96 software) I don't know if other software will work but the win96 software is working fine for me!

I am a manager of Radioshack in Philly on Aramingo. I have tons of customers with 96 and 2096's and to no avail can get them working. Does Zone 1 and Zone 2 have to be on seperate channels? I get a faint hit once in awhile but nothing comes across but a talkgroup listing on the screen. Can you send me your Win 96 file?

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Pro 106

Hi all,
Im using win 500 to program the new P25 system into a pro 106 and need to know if the custom tables need to be used as the system also is rebanded or will the p25 auto setup just put the right tables is using default? I have some audio issues as the digital voice breaks ups at times, maybe there is some tweaking someone might know with the settings ect as I live in the city so reception is no issue but the simulcast may be an issue with the multipath signals from the 10 sites. FYI the old system control channels are off and the system is decommissioned,

Thanks for any help or ideas !

tom

nursepen

I'm currently using the pro 500 program to update my Philly Police and Fire but the program won't allow me to download it to my scanner is there a work around or a better program available

NUGEN

Premium Subscriber

For the 2096 i think if i remember correctly i did it as a custom table under the 9600 extended tables using the info above the reference database listed here. I also set 3600 as normal, as to your home patrol the firmware update is available at their website. Download the sentinal program from there and update library and firmware and viola your done. PM me if any questions.

mding4gold

Premium Subscriber
I am also having issues with my 106 & GRE Pro 600. Both use the Winn500 software to program. The only thing I am receiving is on the Wildcard sites. The voice/signal breaks up a lot. Any ideas?

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I am also having issues with my 106 & GRE Pro 600. Both use the Winn500 software to program. The only thing I am receiving is on the Wildcard sites. The voice/signal breaks up a lot. Any ideas?

My understanding is the Pro-106 is the handheld version of the Pro-197.

Just a point of interest, for my Pro-197 I did nothing more than download zone 2 with the PD ids via WIN500 and it's all working fine. Well, the one thing I did do was uncheck the AGC box and checked the audio boost box within the WIN500 interface.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
My understanding is the Pro-106 is the handheld version of the Pro-197.

Just a point of interest, for my Pro-197 I did nothing more than download zone 2 with the PD ids via WIN500 and it's all working fine. Well, the one thing I did do was uncheck the AGC box and checked the audio boost box within the WIN500 interface.

Did you create each zone as a different system? I'm asking because when I went to import it through Win500, I got the 32 frequency max error, so I only did the control channels.

Thanks,

Rich C

NUGEN

Premium Subscriber
I used win500 did a RR import and put Zone 1 and 2 on tbe same one and its running fine.

jessek14

Premium Subscriber
Pro 96 here, all I did was enter all the control and back up control channels, and then pressed scan on my pro 96. It's working fine.

Seems to be a bit more static, but I have the squelch all the way up.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Did you create each zone as a different system? I'm asking because when I went to import it through Win500, I got the 32 frequency max error, so I only did the control channels.

Thanks,

Rich C

I only loaded the PPD, don't want the fire or rest of the city services, the photo's below show what I loaded.

PPDwin500a_zps48cb2790.jpg

PPDwin500_zps552b1ef1.jpg

I renamed the display notes for the districts to how I wanted them but otherwise did nothing other than load what you see checked via WIN500.

copterdriver

Premium Subscriber

Put Zone 2 into the 2096 several different ways using tables not using tables. It did stop on the talkgroups, but, the audio sounded very garbled. Any suggestions?

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Well, I've had a day. The good news is that I can receive the new system in my attic. The bad new is twofold. First, my RS 800MHz duck antenna receives better than my Wilson 800MHz yagi, no matter which direction I put it in. Second, my PSR-800 receives better than my PSR-500. The best I can get is a 40% decode rate with either antenna in the attic. So now I don't know if the 500 problem is in the way I programmed the system or if it's just less sensitive than the 800. I put both zones in the same system, so that I could set the threshold rate, otherwise if I create a system from each zone, like Byker did, I lose that option. Any thoughts? Any better antennas out there? I don't have the vertical height in my attic for a Scantenna. Discone perhaps?

Thanks,

Rich C

SuperPuma

Is there any way to change the listing of the talkgroups during programming of the PSR800 or is it strictly ascending order numerically by the talkgroup number?

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to break the rules and double-post because this thread seems more viable than the other one I just replied in. I was told at some point early in the development of the new system that the "zone" concept would no longer be based on city agencies (as the old system was), but based on two geographic coverage areas within the city. So, for example, zone 1 would cover one half of the city, and zone 2 the other half. This is a better utilization of available frequencies. Can someone with good knowledge comment? Has anyone attempted to stalk the system with Pro96Com?

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Also, as a point of interest, all new Motorola P25 systems are now installed using linear simulcast modulation, which engineers system coverage less on timing and more on shape-keyed packeting. It wreaks havoc on even the best P25 scanners...

Linear Simulcast Modulation

Baltimore County's new Motorola P25 7.x system employs an RF simulcast method known as Linear Simulcast Modulation. This technology supposedly enhances a subscriber radio's ability to overcome digital simulcast multipath distortion by shaping the digital packet waveforms using CQPSK (Compatible Quadrature Phase Shifting Key) modulation. Because of this, if the digital packets arrive at a subscriber radio from multiple transmitters out of sync, the radio is able to organize them and decode them without distortion.

Because scanners are not readily prepared to capture digital packets with these modified shapings, scanners have trouble decoding the packets. This can hold true not only for voice signals, but also control channel signals. This is why you may be in a solid coverage footprint area, but not receiving the system signals in a clear manner.

phillydjdan

Puma, good question, I never tried to change it lol.

ocguard, thanks for that info. It may explain why some transmissions are clear and others are choppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.