Does Dauphin County still use 462.950 for EMS dispatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmg1969

I have it programmed in for Juniata County EMS (a neighboring county to me), but am hearing some units from Dauphin County?

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
Yea they still use it... It depends where you are because even in Juniata County (where I live) You can hear Dauphin Co. in Mifflintown if our Med isn't talking.

dmg1969

I solved the problem by creating two different channels using the same frequency, but different tones to differentiate. The alpha tagging makes it easy to know what I am hearing at a quick glance...Dauphin Co EMS or Juniata Co EMS. It's the first time I have ever programmed tones. I have already had traffic on Dauphin. Waiting to see if I do on Juniata. I should closer to home. I am at work now in Harrisburg.

Dave

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
I solved the problem by creating two different channels using the same frequency, but different tones to differentiate. The alpha tagging makes it easy to know what I am hearing at a quick glance...Dauphin Co EMS or Juniata Co EMS. It's the first time I have ever programmed tones. I have already had traffic on Dauphin. Waiting to see if I do on Juniata. I should closer to home. I am at work now in Harrisburg.

Dave

Anytime!!!

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
The dispatchers and EMS personnel in Juniata County are very thankful to the recent change in PL tones from 156.7 (Huntingdon Co) to 250.3 which is the new Juniata County PL tone. PL tones are very useful for scanners nowadays where multiple counties can share a common frequency like Med9/Med10

dmg1969

Yes, programming the PL tones has really helped me differentiate between the two counties. I have heard both on their newly programmed separate frequencies and they are working fine. My home county (Perry does not use them, so I get Cumberland Fire 1 dispatch (46.06 patched to their OpenSky system) bleeding over onto my Perry County Fire 2 (also 46.06). Nothing I can do about that without PL tones. Thanks again, guys.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.