How to program psr800

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessek14

Premium Subscriber
Seriously, I cant figure this out. scanlists, and all this new crap is so confusing.

This isnt "EZ" at all, and I've tried using the database on the software, it just lists the old frequencies.

jessek14

Premium Subscriber
Would you mind explaining to me how to enter a frequency(I was going to use the control frequencies listed for philly) as an "object" so that I can scan it.

I am literally getting nothing right now.

jessek14

Premium Subscriber
When I press scan, or "SEL" I can see that it is scanning, but absolutely nothing is coming from the speaker. I know it's gotta be one small little thing im over looking, but god damned if I cant find it. please help me, someone, i just spent $400 on this damn thing.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Take a look on Youtube- enter PSR-800 for some great "how to" videos. You will need to get into the library stored on the SD card to select your objects for scanning.

troymail

Silent Key
Assuming you are trying to load and listen to the Philly system for police and fire, it appears they are using the latest technology (P25 Phase 2).

Have you installed all of the radio's CPU and DSP updates via the EZ Scan software?

If not - we can help.

If I'm off track, provide a bit more info and we'll try to help!

Top suggestion: patience.

jessek14

Premium Subscriber
Listen, I've already read the manual, watched countless youtube videos, and searched a lot. They aren't helping.

I just updated my cpu and dsp. They are completed, but still nothing.

I have the right frequencies added to my scan list, with a wild card as a talkgroup, so I should get something. The signal bars are about 3 to 4, but still nothing. I just dont understand what I'm doing wrong.

troymail

Silent Key
Is this the system you are having problems with?

Philadelphia (Project 25) Trunking System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

Newer systems like this are fairly hard to receive. They can be hard to receive in the area they are intended for and even harder it you are outside the area.

You probably already know that the PSR800 is the only one with the ability to really receive it since it's a "Phase 2" system.

Are you inside Philadelphia?

Are you seeing the [T] trunking icon on the PSR800 display?

If so, is it steady with an occasional blink or rarely or never there?

jessek14

Premium Subscriber
Is this the system you are having problems with?

Philadelphia (Project 25) Trunking System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

Newer systems like this are fairly hard to receive. They can be hard to receive in the area they are intended for and even harder it you are outside the area.

You probably already know that the PSR800 is the only one with the ability to really receive it since it's a "Phase 2" system.

Are you inside Philadelphia?

Are you seeing the [T] trunking icon on the PSR800 display?

If so, is it steady with an occasional blink or rarely or never there?

I live inside philadelphia, and there is a repeater(or site) about 2 miles from my house. But no, there is no T icon. I am trying to recieve just police, specifically the 2nd and 15th districts, I have put a wildcard in as my talkgroup just so I can get something.

This is how I have it configured, then I select this "object" and press select. then it gives me this screen.
RQPTmby.jpg

VBQKx94.jpg

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
You really shouldn't need to MANUALLY program the system -- you should import it from the PSR800 library.

You can do that from within EZ Scan and then copy it to your radio -or- import it directly from the SD card using the menu options on the radio itself.

jessek14

Premium Subscriber
I was able to get it to work, after receiving a custom made v card file by a member here. It is working perfectly now, and I am very appreciative of all the help here.

Status
Not open for further replies.