Philadelphia Police Tac 1 and Tac 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NUGEN

I had the liberty of talking to an officer using a police radio, he showed me that they can switch between channels to J, T, M, and in between districts but their radio also has a feature where they can pull down on this silver switch to switch to Tac 1 and Tac 2. Didn't realize Philly Police have a Tactical band.

My question is, is the Tac1 and Tac2 on the P25 system or is it radio to radio? Does it use the repeater system at all and do they have a Talkgroup.

phillydjdan

They are simplex P25 channels. You would only catch them on it if you were close to them (within a couple blocks). They used to be one analog and the other P25, but they are now both P25 since the rebanding.

Is that the same case for the analog FG South / North / N&S?
think i read from you (DJDAN,i may be inccorrect on the poster) that the FG channels were active
more - after the switch over...

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; ZTE-N910 Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

4th, yes the fire simplex channels are still analog, just changed frequencies when they rebanded. No PL tone either, and units in south philly are already complaining about atlantic countys edacs voice channel interfering with south analog.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-us; ZTE-N910 Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I hear ya! I mean, didnt the old VHF fire channels and UHF police channels have PL??? The trunked firegroind channels are not only digital but encrypted to boot, yet they didnt put PLs on the analog simplex channels??? Um...

SuperPuma

They are simplex P25 channels. You would only catch them on it if you were close to them (within a couple blocks). They used to be one analog and the other P25, but they are now both P25 since the rebanding.

PPD TAC 1 is Digital code CAD

PPD TAC 2 is FM analog code 156.7

Both low power simplex

cortb75

Philly Police scanner

Does anyone know when or if the Philadelphia police scanner will be back up and running. I have no clue about buying scanners and I was just listening to it over the internet. Do anyone knows what happen the reason why it isn't available anymore?

phillydjdan

Does anyone know when or if the Philadelphia police scanner will be back up and running. I have no clue about buying scanners and I was just listening to it over the internet. Do anyone knows what happen the reason why it isn't available anymore?

Only the feed provider knows the answer to your question. In the meantime, you can listen to PPD J band and 2nd/15th Dist by going to PhillyFireFeed and choosing a method to listen.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi cortb75,

I am the feed provider of the Philadelphia Citywide feed. The reason it was down for a few weeks is because since Philly switched to the new P25 system, my reception degraded due to the LSM and the audio is terrible.

The feed is back online, however, until I find a solution I am feeding SEPTA Police, which includes a patch to the J-Band talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.