Pocono Race trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
My brother is going to the racetrack for a NASCAR race. I told him I would set up a scanner for him to use if interested . Can some one steer me to the current NASCAR frequencies ? I already found the Pocono track info......mostly concerned with drivers and whatever officials that can still be monitored. Thanks much!

Last edited:

ff75

This what I have in my radio when I go and are active.
ch-1&11 461.2000 dcs432
ch5&15 -451.2250 dcs346
ch10-451.575
Race Radio-454.000
race support-453.900 dcs516
for drivers just find an updated list from nascar just incase some drivers changed there freqs from last year

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Apparantly, the most updated lists are on a subscription (pay) website from what I've seen online. Or buy the update sheet at the track on race day.

dgregjones

Mark,
Some drivers/teams change frequencies week to week. Some use one frequency for practice and switch to another for the race. Some drivers/teams have been known to change frequencies mid-race. Most teams use two frequencies. It would be safe to program both. If you want to listen to all the action you should have a scanner that has no less than 200 channels. If you want to listen to only a few teams, most scanners that cover the 450-470 mhz band will do just fine.
You can pick up frequency lists at the track. Frequency Fan Club and Racing Electronics have the most accurate and up to date frequencies. Through FFC you can also program your scanner for the track at home with your computer and the proper software for your scanner. They cover all the major racing series.
I hope this helps.
Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.