PA Game Commission Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone see any numbers on this map that conflict with what you hear on the radio?

The map and outlines are from a GIS layer available online.

The numbers are from various bits of old info I have accrued.

There are two blank districts - one in Warren and one in Monroe that did not match anything in my various sources.

Attachments

• PGC-districts-numbers.jpg
    PGC-districts-numbers.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 4,119

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Wish I could help but I don't know if I ever heard GC traffic. Have I missed something? EXCELLENT map though!

Their lowband is still active. PGC has regional dispatch offices. With the lowband, it can be tough to monitor if you don't have good antennas. Since I am generally listening while mobile and am not using a dedicated lowband antenna, I dopick up some traffic, but not much. Mostly just the dispatch side.

I've found a few high spots where I can hear three or four of the regions from one spot. I don't get to those places very often, though.

PGC is slowly working toward migrating to PA-STARNET.

mark40

Premium Subscriber
Hear the Dallas office using lo-band on the air daily in Pike County; heard a mobile last week call out at our community public safety office, but alas did not pay attention to the number he was using.

dmg1969

Eastern Perry County is correct. I hear occasional calls for "434" on the county's low band police frequency. Bear calls, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ekim223

#119, 120, & 121 are correct for NW PA. They still use low band but nowhere as much as in the past.
Most of the communications heard now are when the Franklin office opens and closes each day.

W3DMV

The unit numbers are correct for Adams County. Several years ago this county
had two officers and a dozen deputies. Now there is one officer available on a very
limited schedule and no deputies.

I hear our local unit occasionally on 44 Mhz conversing with the base in Huntingdon.
Most of his activity is communicating with the county comm center on one of our county
police channels. (45.100 pl 186.2)

Very surprised that they would attempt 800 operations in this area. PSP has never
had reasonable coverage here. Passed 415 on the street yesterday and he does not
have any 800 antennas on his unit...

dlnorth

I hear 414 on the STARNET system fairly often, but also on low band Never heard 415,but I'm too far away to pick him up on low band.

I believe Franklin County is still on low band, although I haven't attempted to monitor in several years. I haven't heard any of their units on STARTNET though.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Very surprised that they would attempt 800 operations in this area. PSP has never
had reasonable coverage here. Passed 415 on the street yesterday and he does not
have any 800 antennas on his unit...

Keep in mind, too, that at this point the WCO may only have a portable assigned as PGC is still in testing with STARNET. They started out with 30 portables assigned to the SC region. No mobiles at that time (2012). They may have some by now, but I am not sure.

Steveradio

Ben, Been on Monroe Countywide frequency 460.4250 often and noticed with hunting season and Bears still on the move they tend call into County often as the Echo units.. Normally try jump on Low-Band frequencies being Pocono Summit area but nothing heard?

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone see any numbers on this map that conflict with what you hear on the radio?

The map and outlines are from a GIS layer available online.

The numbers are from various bits of old info I have accrued.

There are two blank districts - one in Warren and one in Monroe that did not match anything in my various sources.

Some of the district boundaries have apparently changed since you published this map. For example, Allegheny County now has three districts. I have attached an updated map of the new boundaries (rendered from GIS data provided by PASDA) along with a few labels of the WCO district numbers. My information is much more limited than yours.

Attachments

• WCO Districts.jpg
    WCO Districts.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 817
Last edited:

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
The unit numbers and boundary for Adams County as shown on #1 post are correct
as shown on Benrusselpa map above....

I'm sure his information is correct, at least as far as the unit numbers go. I didn't mean to contradict his information, I was just updating the district boundaries. My map is incomplete because I don't have access to the same resources that Ben does, so there are a lot of missing IDs on mine. The only ones I have listed are the ones which I was able to find specified in an old text file that Dan Ruhe provided to me.

Last edited:

chankel

Premium Subscriber
I occasionally hear them on VHF-low in Lancaster County. 151.34 as listed in the DB is often very active, with a strong signal, but is usually encrypted.

xxdanielt3

Premium Subscriber
Ill dig around when I get off work but I have a whole list of frequencies the game commission uses. Most of them are low band.

Status
Not open for further replies.