I moved from Bristol to quakertown

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip807

I have the south,north, and third repeater i don't think they use, I have them in a sperate banks do to muti site (older scanner) I do pick up north towers but the farther towns I don't hear

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

While i cant confirm whether this is the case, i believe they have the ability to choose which talkgroups are carried on both zones and which do not. Its possible they have the north zone setup to only carry talkgroups designated as north ones (or close to the north zone) and ones considered countywide talkgroups. You would hear Zone 6/11, north band, etc, as well as zone 9 (due to proximity) but not zone 1, 8, etc.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.166 Mobile Safari/535.19)

While i cant confirm whether this is the case, i believe they have the ability to choose which talkgroups are carried on both zones and which do not. Its possible they have the north zone setup to only carry talkgroups designated as north ones (or close to the north zone) and ones considered countywide talkgroups. You would hear Zone 6/11, north band, etc, as well as zone 9 (due to proximity) but not zone 1, 8, etc.

I was under the impression that the police groups for the southern most areas of the county did not come over the north system unless somebody on that talkgroup went far enough north for their radio to affiliate with the north instead of the south system.

I can't say I pay a lot of attention to it, but I do not recall hearing Bristol, Bensalem, Falls, etc when I am driving way up north in the county.

Status
Not open for further replies.