33.62, 136.5 hz tone PA Fire heard in Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterpaul71

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help out - a friend in Finland sent me a recording of a signal he received on 33.62 - subtone was 136.5hz - its an EMS which I believe to be from PA but I cant quite work out which area.

I've heard this one here in Ireland many times but have never been able to nail where exactly its coming from.

I'd be really grateful if anyone can either suggest who uses a 136.5hz tone on that frequency or listen to the short clip here: https://app.box.com/s/uficzll6ct3jngzqfmok and see if a positive ID can be gleaned from the places mentioned.

I keep thinking he might mention Whitpain Township but I could be wrong.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Paul Logan
Lisnaskea, Ireland.

szron

Premium Subscriber
Some kind of Township, I can't make out which one.

Also what time did he pick that transmission up? The dispatcher says 10:26, check what time he picked that up and find a time zone.

jje64

The dispatch is clearly for Montgomery County PA. It is in the South Eastern part of the state north of Philadelphia.

However, the county has moved all dispatch to VHF HB. That is an old freq that now is used by Lower Providence FD (Sta 53) to repeat county dispatches.

Last edited:

szron

Premium Subscriber
You guys should send a letter from Finland to the local FD and let them know to turn it down (jk) :D

misterpaul71

The dispatch is clearly for Montgomery County PA. It is in the South Eastern part of the state north of Philadelphia.

However, the county has moved all dispatch to VHF HB. That is an old freq that now is used by Lower Providence FD (Sta 53) to repeat county dispatches.

Good stuff, its great to get a positive ID - do you recognise the places mentioned on the clip - is it Whitpain I am hearing? Here is another recording of what I presume to be the same station - this is from 2011 and recorded here in Ireland - again places mentioned but difficult for me to make out: https://app.box.com/s/socjflt5j0od53rnc1yy

Thanks to everyrone who replied and yes those Fire dispatches from PA can really blast in here in Europe when propagation is right. Lancaster Co. on 33.9 is a huge signal daily at the moment.

- Paul in Ireland

jje64

Paul

Yes the first one is Whitpain Twp. I do know that intersection. The 2nd clip mentions Pottsgrove Twp. That is in the western part of the county. I do not know that area as well and cannot make out the intersections.

jje64

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
You are hearing KGE954 (LOWER PROVIDENCE FIRE DEPARTMENT) FCC Callsign Details
I forgot they even had that transmitter going.
Originally, as I understand it, the transmitter was set up during the transition here in Montgomery County from VHF lowband for dispatching to VHF highband for dispatching. Maybe they still have some lowband pagers they're using for something. This transmitter is crossbanding the VHF highband dispatches onto this lowband frequency. Back in the day, the county used 33.700 for dispatching.

I'll let some of the guys over there know they can be heard half way around the world.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Undoubtedly F2 skip is the mechanism being used here - with the recent instability and CMEs coming our way, it's quite possible this might continue for a time yet

Mike

Theres been a huge amount of activity from our Star,the Sun..(ask for it by name)

Lots of M class and some X class activity.the earth is also undergoing magnetic issues.

There was another nice(and BIG) CME that will be coming our way tonight..next few days.

I follow this youtube ch..gives pretty good info,short n sweet..great charts,video and data.
5 min a day..pretty solid.

Suspicious0bservers - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.