Need help with Westmoreland County

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris665

I know some of it is digital but I need if possible the police frequency for Monesson Pa and Belle Vernon Pa. I tried the one from the database and nothing came over it and I live within 5 miles of both. I only have a 800 mhz analog non trunking scanner.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Tapatalk

On analog you might be able to hear Fire Dispatch 33.70 and EMS dispatch 155.160. However the Police still have the analog Freq's. listed but they are on 800 MHZ Digital. You could buy a used Digital scanner most likely in the $300 to $400 range on ebay. You may find some now as people get new ones they will list their old ones after the holiday's. Watch your pricing for a used one as the new ones go for around $400-$500. Do some homework before buying. Look into CLASSIFIEDS here.

Good luck,

Brian

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
I know some of it is digital but I need if possible the police frequency for Monesson Pa and Belle Vernon Pa. I tried the one from the database and nothing came over it and I live within 5 miles of both. I only have a 800 mhz analog non trunking scanner.

Monessen Police are only on the 800 MHz digital system managed by Westmoreland County. You WILL NOT hear them anywhere but on that system. They use D-6 PD Dispatch on that system. There is no analog channel to hear them at all.

Monessen Fire is the same BUT on Mon Valley Fire talk group. You might hear them dispatched on 154.040 but will not hear anything else after the initial dispatch.

Mon Valley EMS uses 154.340 MHz for the most part. You might also hear them on 155.295 when they are talking to Washington County.

Belle Vernon (Fayette County) utilizes Fayette County 800 MHz Trunked radio system for Fire with a paging freq of 155.190. Will be going digital in the near future.

Police in Belle Vernon (Fayette County) are covered by a 2 bit piss poor police department that utilizes the 800 MHz trunked system as well. Will be going digital in the near future.

EMS in Belle Vernon (Fayette County) is covered by Mon Valley EMS and is as noted above.

Police, Fire and EMS in NORTH Belle Vernon (Westmoreland County) are all on the Westmoreland County Digital 800 MHz system and you will not hear them otherwise except for initial Fire Dispatch (154.040) or initial EMS Dispatch (155.160 or 154.340)

Low Band is still broadcast for initial fire dispatch but is being phased out in favor of 154.040 in Westmoreland County.

Depending on your analog scanner you might be stuck listening to Washington County.

Hope this helps.

ffemt134

Feed Provider
Just a heads up that the 154.040 fire paging channel isn't active yet, at least the last time I was aware. Supposedly sometime in 2014 but I haven't heard a definite time frame.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Police in Belle Vernon (Fayette County) are covered by a 2 bit piss poor police department that utilizes the 800 MHz trunked system as well...[/QUOTE said:
Really your post was 100% and very helpful until you had to bring your personal opinion into it.Now back on topic.

Last edited:

kris665

Thanks for your help guys guess I will save up for a new scanner i have my eye on this the new handheld uniden coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.