Easton, PA Police Tactical Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

mateffe

Premium Subscriber
I can no longer listen to the Easton, PA police tactical frequency, 460.4500. When the scanner locks on the frequency there is just a motoring type sound but not transmission. Is it possible that the frequency is being scrambled or is there something I am doing incorrectly? This happens on my RS 106 and the GRE 300.

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
They are not licensed for that kind of operation on that frequency. I'm close to the area, so I'll take a listen soon...

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard anything on 460.4500 in weeks. I used to hear them talking everyday, throughout the day. My Unidens don't even lock on that channel anymore.

I'll have to setup a scanner to monitor only that channel for a while.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I set up a radio to monitor 460.4500 only. I have it set with PL 203.5 and to search for a tone. On the freq set to search I get brief hits or mostly squelch sound, however if I move the radio a few inches it goes away.

W2SJW, I'm normally listening on my Kenwood TK3312, the radio I set up above is my 396xt. If they encrypted would I hear anything? I know the 396xt never picks up on the Bethlehem encrypted talkgroup.

W2SJW

Database Admin
You would hear a slight burst of encrypted garble if they were ENC on digital. That frequency is only licensed for FM & NFM operation, but it would not be out of the question for them to possibly using DVP-XL encryption.

Here's a sample from my site...

The high-pitched squeal at the end is the give-away, and DVP-XL is not encoded with the PL...

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I'll see what happens this week. It's like they just stopped using the frequency. I just added several other freqs that Easton has licensed. Maybe they switch frequencies regularly. I also just switched over to the PSR-800 to be able to record. If I had my 436hp, I'd use that!

mancow

Database Admin
You would hear a slight burst of encrypted garble if they were ENC on digital. That frequency is only licensed for FM & NFM operation, but it would not be out of the question for them to possibly using DVP-XL encryption.

Here's a sample from my site...

The high-pitched squeal at the end is the give-away, and DVP-XL is not encoded with the PL...

DVP would exceed the narrow mandate unless they have a waiver.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Within the last 2 weeks. Seems like not long after it was posted to the database here, they went ahead and changed it.

ocguard

Premium Subscriber
Do these agencies realize that mototrbo is not designed for mission-critical operation? Anything to save a buck.

Steveradio

To be honest kind of glad they figured out people were hearing them, im suprised they were using in the clear transmissions for the type of operations they were doing to begin with. Recall when allentown vice used to be on 154.725 back in the day, heck on Saturday night used be fun monitoring.

10-10

I agree. It becomes an officer safety issue when their comms can be heard in the open like that. Although if you really try, you can still listen to them.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Anybody listen to 460.4500 today? It almost sounded like the Hwy Dept. was using the frequency in the clear. I caught it a few times, but with storm cleanup at work today, I wasn't able to pay as much attention as normal.

W3DMV

The city of Easton requested a licence modification on January 16, 2014. It
was granted on February 10, 2014 KTX792

Licensed for: 11KOF3E NFM
7K60FXE Turbo voice
7K60FXD Turbo data

--- The license is also for 460.350, but that one was not modified. That
frequency is also licensed to Palmer Township (NFM). Correct in the DB

Status
Not open for further replies.